The QuickBooks Error Code 6190 usually takes place when the user tries to open QuickBooks but unable to gain access on QuickBooks. The message shows “Unable to Open QuickBooks” or “Unable to open the company file that you are trying to open.”
Here are Some of the Reasons due to Which QuickBooks Error Ccode 6190 Pops up
- Unmatched company file and transaction log file.
- When an upgrade/update fails due to multiple reasons. When an upgrade/update takes place on another system but the transaction is left outdated.
- When someone else accesses the company files and the error takes place.
- If any QuickBooks Data file is corrupted, destroyed or damaged.
Read Also : How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1321
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190
Before you initiate the solution, it is very important for you to have the latest available edition/version of QuickBooks installed in your system.
Method 1: Apply Solution with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor:
- First, download the QB File Doctor tool and start its installation process (As prompted on the screen)
- Log-in as Administrator and then start your QB File Doctor.
- Here, the system will display two options for you:
- Select both the options: Network Connectivity and Damaged File. The Corrupted or Damaged will be detected by the tool. Now, you can apply the solution.
- Now, enter the Admin password.
- For the company file processed on the server, select Yes. click on No if the selected file is on the workstation.
- Now, click on Proceed.
Method 2: Rename the file
Make sure that the company file that you are trying to rename is on your local workstation and not on the server.
- Now, open the company folder.
- Now, right-click on the company file and then click on the Rename option.
Point to be noted: Make sure that you don’t delete the file extension. (It is always at the end of the file name (i.e.: qbw.nd)
- A new name of the transaction log file needs to be created. Now, delete the extension.
- Click on Exit.
- Now, check that you are able to open QuickBooks and able to access the company file or not.
Method 3: Single Mode Check
- First, make sure that all the other users log-out from QuickBooks.
- Now, reboot all the systems.
- Now, click on the data file and then use a different source location to move the file.
- Now, move the data file back to the previous location.
- Then, check whether you are able to use the company/data file or not.
If you are still not able to get the issues solved, you can connect with our QuickBooks technical support team. We have an advanced technical team who can provide you with all sort of technical and functional errors. Whether it is QuickBooks Error Code 6190 or any other, you just share it with our Technical Professionals via either our Toll-Free Number , our Official Email Address email@example.com or via our QuickBooks Live Chat Support feature through our website accountinghub.co and our team will get back to you with all the solutions. You have an added advantage with us that we are available 24/7.