QuickBooks is highly advanced accounting software that turbo-charges all core processes of the businesses across different industry verticals. Gone is the time when business owners had spared no effort to manage the fragmented worksheets and incessant IT outlays. Use of QB software application has definitely enabled organisations to abridge outlays, simplify key business processes, enhance overall productivity and be more driven.
However, there are times when users do run into some critical technical errors like QuickBooks Error -6189, -816. It is fundamentally a run-time issue which the end users can stumble across when they are trying to run the application in their computer. To get out of this situation immediately, you can dial AccountingHub helpline number.
In this article, we shall be discussing in detail about the prime causes of the QuickBooks Error Code (-6189, -816) and some the recommended solutions that can help you in getting rid of this problem as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code (-6189, -816):
As per the technical experts, QuickBooks Error Code -6189, -816 is a technical issue that can be further categorized as the run-time error. This type of error usually triggers when the end user is opening the software application and isn’t able to access or open the company files.
You can every so often correlate this error with other QuickBooks issues namely Error (-6189), Error (-6189, -82), Error (-6189, -1005) and Error (-6189, -85), as they too come to pass when you are making an attempt to open company file or generate a new company file in your QB accounting software application. When this error code will prompt, then you will be seeing the following error message on your computer screen:
“Error -6189, -816: when trying to launch a company file.”
Error: An error ensues when QuickBooks making an attempt to access the company file (-6189, -816)
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error -6189, -816
If QuickBooks Error -6189, -816 is not fixed timely then chances are that it can create substantial harm to your business. Well, you don’t need to worry at all as here are some of the easy to do solutions which are suggested by QB experts to fix them. Howsoever, before you need to bear few points in mind that must reboot your PC and server. After that, you should re-open your QuickBooks software app. Another important point, try to upgrade to the latest version as it usually fixes the entire problem.
Let’s have a quick glance at the proposed solutions for QuickBooks Error -6189, -816:
Solution I: Ensure you restart your system as well as the server
- If you are carrying out some operations on QuickBooks application, make sure you exit from the software application first.
- After this, you need to go to start menu and then need to press on reboot option.
- In case, your data is still running on the server then reboot your server as well.
Solution II: Download and Set up QuickBooks Database Manager on your Server
- You either have to download and set up QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager.
- It should be primarily set up on your server wherein you tend to save your company related files.
- If you are trying to set up the Database Manager, then you need to bear the fact in mind that it does not necessitate any additional license.
- If you are not able to trace the QuickBooks database user then try to set up Database Manager that can also search for it online.
- Once you are done with the downloading and setting up of the QBDM, then make sure you reboot your server.
Solution III: Data File may have been put in storage on the network Drive
- Firstly, you need to launch your QuickBooks software application on your system.
- After this, try to check whether you have not saved your business files on any transferable drive or on the Network Attached Storage (NAS) Device.
- Basically, these devices commonly don’t have comprehensive system functionality and are incapable of running through QuickBooks Database Manager, so they might wind up impairing the critical data.
If the QuickBooks error code -6189, -816 is creating trouble and not allowing you to carry out your business operations? Have you tried the recommended solutions step by step and still not able to get rid of the error? If so, then you should contact accountinghub.co QuickBooks technical support team for further assistance. We provide QB support to users globally. Call us now to fix unwanted technical glitches related to QuickBooks at .