QuickBooks is a business solutions software that lets small and medium companies manage their payments, billing and payroll. It also provides access to data via cloud functionality. When this error occurs, the following message is seen:
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem sending your usage data.”
Causes of QuickBooks has encountered a problem sending your usage data error
This error occurs if the user’s computer has a wrong time zone or if an Accountant’s Copy has been created.
Step for Fix QuickBooks has encountered a problem sending your usage data
The date and time of the computer, where the file is stored, must be checked. If there’s a server, the date and time must be checked there also.
Checking date and time in Windows Vista and XP
- First, users must double-click on the time at the bottom of the computer screen. If the time can’t be edited from here, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Date and Time.
- Then, select the Date & Time tab in the Date & Time window. Now, the date and time must be set.
- Next, select the Time Zone tab and choose the correct time zone. For daylight-saving time zone, users must choose the box titled Automatically Adjust Clock For Daylight Saving Changes.
- Once done, choose OK and then check the updates by double-clicking on the time at the bottom of the computer screen.
Checking date and time in Windows 7 and 8
Click on the time at the bottom of the computer screen. If the time can’t be edited from here, do the following:
Windows 7: Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Date and Time.
- Select Desktop in Start menu and select the displayed time. Else, type Control Panel in Search and then choose the Control Panel application. Then choose Clock, Language and Region-> Set the time and date.
- Next, chose Change Date And Time Settings, and then choose Change Date Ad Time button in the Date & Time tab.
- Now, set the date and time correctly and choose OK.
- For changing the time zone, choose the Change Time Zone button.
- After selecting the Time Zone drop-down arrow, choose the correct time zone.
- For daylight saving time zone, choose the box titled Automatically Adjust Clock For Daylight Saving Time and then select OK->OK.
- Next, check that the time and date have been set correctly by going to the bottom of the computer screen.
- If the date, time and time zone are correct, toggle the time zone between correct, wrong, correct and try one more time.
Checking if an Accountant’s Copy exists
- Generally, the ‘Accountant’s Changes Pending’ is displayed by QuickBooks in the title bar.
- If the copy exists, users must wait till the Accountant’s Copy is returned or the restrictions can be removed manually.
- If the restrictions are removed manually, any changes that the Accountant might have worked on until now in the file will be lost. So, users must with the Accountant before taking this step.
- Once the restrictions are removed or the Accountant’s Copy has been returned to QuickBooks, users must try to send to Intuit.
- If the error recurs, before QuickBooks is closed, users must fetch the qbwin.log file to check for errors.
- If the error persists, users must check any online transactions to send and delete them
- In the Menu, choose Edit and then choose Find (or press Ctrl + F).
Then choose the Advanced tab and in the Filter box, choose these options:
- Select Detail Level from the drop-down menu in the right and then Summary Only.
- Select Online Status from the menu and then Online To Send.
- Select Posting Status from the menu and the Either.
-Next, select the Find button from the top right section of the Find screen.
-Then, the results must be reviewed:
-If there are any non-payroll transactions, the processing must be completed.
-If there are pay checks, they must be deleted. Users must print or note down the details for recreating them. Once the pay checks have been deleted, users must try sending again. If this is successful, the pay checks must be recreated.
Please contact our AccountingHub QuickBooks tech support team if you are not sure how this can be done. For further queries and assistance, please call our AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline number +1844-313-4856.