QB installer installs important components during upgrading or installing QuickBooks. Microsoft .Net Framework is one of the mandatory elements that require to get installed during software installation. When Microsoft. Net installation gets corrupted or not appropriately downloaded; this may give rise to EXEAdapter installation error. This article is rounded up with the effective resolution of QuickBooks 2020 EXEadapter error.
Primary Reasons of EXEAdapter Error in QuickBooks 2020
There are several causes behind this error; some of the apparent reasons behind this irritating error are given below:
- Incomplete installation of Microsoft .Net Framework on the system you are using to upgrade or installation
- The installed Microsoft .Net Framework is outdated
- Important file corrupted in Windows
- Mistakenly deleted content of Framework.xml file
How to Rectify QuickBooks 2020 EXEAdapter Error?
Follow the below resolutions one after the other to resolve the error:
Solution 1- Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool:
This tool is often used to diagnose basic errors in QuickBooks Desktop. Through this, you can quickly fix the damage occurring in different components of Microsoft, for instance, C++ MSXML and .Net Frameworks. To do this, here are the steps:
- Close QuickBooks
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and save it on the preferred location where you can quickly discover it
- In case you have an existing QuickBooks Tool Hub then follow the steps to view:
- Click the Home option
- Navigate on the bottom right side of the screen and Hit on About button to know the version
- Open the downloaded file named QuickBooks ToolHub.exe
- Read the instructions on the screen and proceed the installation process
- You have to agree with the term and conditions which display on the screen like installing other software
- Once installation complete, do a double-click on the icon appearing on the Window Desktop to run the tool
- Restart the system
Solution 2- Modify Framework.xml file by adding.OLD at the end:
Sometimes renaming file name can assist in the error resolution, here are the steps:
- Go to the C drive of your system and navigate QuickBooks Folder
- Search for Framework.xml file and then perform a right-click
- Discover drop-down list
- Click Rename button
- Embed .old at the end of a filename
- Save the applied changes
Solution 3- Execute an antivirus scan on the system:
This installation error might be caused by an infection encountered through a malware attack. Scan the system and discover the corrupted files. If found any issue, then remove it and reinstall the QuickBooks installation.
Solution 4-Repair Corrupted .Net Framework on the system:
If .Net Framework is damaged, then you can download and install Microsoft .Net Framework Repair software. This tool is available in Microsoft Download Center. Once download, execute it for issue resolution. It will find and remove the frequent rising errors while updating the Framework or with the setup.
That’s all; hopefully, the article about the troubleshooting of QuickBooks 2020 ExeAdaptor error becomes a helping hand for you. Try all the above-given steps accurately. If none of the solutions assists you in the issue resolution or you stuck anywhere without having any second thought ring at QuickBooks Technical support number +1. The professional team is there to address all your issues in less time. Use a QuickBooks live chat support feature while performing solutions for instant assistance or send an email along with your doubts or attach a screenshot of the error. The team members are glad to serve you at any time.