Using QuickBooks accounting software has made business tasks very convenient for users. The user can easily manage accounts, inventory, and create invoices, bills, and many more. However, even with its excellent features, user occasionally experiences errors while performing accounting task in QuickBooks.
The most common error is when delete Quickbooks generated Zero Amount Transaction for bill payment stub. This error occurs when processing bill payment. This error forbids customer’s access to the software to produce bills and access the credit cards.
Causes of QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction
Even though the journal entry, credit memo, or payments are available in the QuickBooks data, QuickBooks still generates zero amount transaction during the transaction process. This error occurs because of the following three reasons:
- If the Credit Memos is not applied and linked to invoice
- If the Journal Entries is not applied and linked to invoice
- If the Payment is not applied and linked to invoice
Resolution of QuickBooks Generated Zero Amount Transaction
Look through our recommended resolutions that are given below in order to resolve the error. You can contact our Technical Support Team in case you experience any problem while troubleshooting the error.
Resolution 1: Troubleshooting the Error in A/R aging in QuickBooks Online
- Run QuickBooks Online and browse through the Customer Center, click on the customer name to access the file.
- Browse through the invoice and open the Receive Payment. A Receive Payment Window will appear on the screen. Then the invoice is automatically applied to the transaction.
- Read through the information given on the window. If required select the accurate transaction. Ensure that the transaction amount is zero.
- Click on Save and then Close
- Now, check that it shows the correct balance of the customer and shows the invoice as paid.
Resolution 2: Troubleshooting the Error in A/R Ageing in QuickBooks Premier, Enterprise, and Pro
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and open Customer. Go to Receive Payments and type in the customer name.
You can observe the invoice, as well as the unapplied credit balance.
- View the top bar and select the Discounts and Credits A new Window will appear on the screen with heading Discounts and Credits. You can also see the credit balance in QuickBooks.
- Verify that all credit balances are applied and check that it is the final draft that you need.
- Once the process is completed, click on Done
- The applied credit balance will be presented on a fresh Window Customer Payment. Note that the total amount of the customer is zero.
- If so, click on Save and then
Following these simple resolutions, you will be ensured that the problem is treated effectively. Still, if these resolutions don’t solve your problem then get in touch with our Technical Support Team. Call us on +1844-313-4856, or email us at email@example.com. You can contact us via QuickBooks Chat Helpdesk that is available on our Website. We are available 24/7 for your service.