In the last some years QuickBooks has become the best accounting software for everyone. It has changed the way of accounting and finance from the traditional way to the advanced and secured way. Sometimes while working users can face QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222. Today, this article helps you to understand QB Error Code 15222, its common causes, and frequently used method to resolve this error.
Table of Contents
What Is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
It normally arises when the user tries to download the payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update. It might come with every QuickBooks version and creates obstacles, which won’t let you work smoothly. However, you can reach out to the company file. QuickBooks Error Code 15222 can be solved following some easy and common methods which are listed below in this article.
Reasons For QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
There are many reasons behind this error, but below are some common reasons mentioned.
- Internet Explorer is not your default browser
- Antimalware, Antispyware recognize the QuickBooks update as a threat
- Digital Signature which is registered with the Internet Explorer is not working
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
Step 1 – Installing The Digital Signature Certificate
- Initially, you need to Install the Digital Signature.
- To install the Digital Certificate starts with shutting down the QuickBooks Desktop. If you will not quit this program you will be unable to install the Digital Certificate.
- Go to C drive >>>Program files >>> Intuit >>> QuickBooks.
- Locate the exe file >>> right-click on it and select Properties option
- Go to Digital Signature Tab
- Also at this step make sure to check you have selected Intuit Inc in the Signature list
- Now, go to the Digital Signature detail window >>> To see the certificate click” View Certificate”
- In the certificate Window, you need to install the certificate
- Follow the instructions coming on the screen until the installation process finishes
- After finishing the installation, reboot your computer
- Finally after rebooting the computer open your QuickBooks and download the update
Step 2 – Update Antispyware
If anti-spyware is used on your computer then it is very much important to update the same. You need to also make sure that below mentioned exceptions below should be there.
Step 3 – Check Your Internet Connections Settings
In the end, to complete the process checks the Internet connection settings.
- First of all, make the Internet Explorer your default browser
- Verify the date and time of the browser if they are correct or not
- You also need to check the Cipher strength, for that first launch Internet Explorer >>> enter the URL for which you wish to check Cipher >>> right-click the page and select Properties option>>> you can see a new window go to Connection section and you can see the Cipher strength.
- Now, update all the settings by clicking Tools
- Go to Internet options >>> Select Delete option located under the General tab
- Select option Temporary Internet files and click the Delete button
- Go to connection tab >>> LAN settings and check the box saying “Automatically Detect Settings”
- While completing the process it is very important to mark both 0 and SSL3.0
Following the above method will rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222. For any concerns feel free to dial 1844-313-4856 and get in touch with the QuickBooks team. All the experts provide you quick response that too with dedication. QuickBooks Helpline is available 24*7 to help you out anytime. If you don’t wish to call us, you can also email at [email protected] or, fill the contact form available onaccountinghub.co with the required details and you will soon contacted by one of the QuickBooks advisors.