While running with QuickBooks accounting software, you may face some error issues which may create significant problems for your business accountancy management. Amidst all errors, the QuickBooks Payroll update error PS036 is one of the most irritating errors. QuickBooks Payroll Error code PS036 is a typical payroll error gone through by QuickBooks Payroll users. It shows in QuickBooks payroll frequently as various reasons can encounter this mistake in the application, when you face this error, it won’t let you update your business accounts to the most recent tax table. This blog will help you to know how to fix this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
- The error appears due to an expired or invalid payroll subscription
- Due to corrupted or damaged QB company filePaysub.ini
- When multiple payroll setups are active along with an inactive direct deposit setup
- When QuickBooks application, Supported Windows and components are not updated
- Due to corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company file
- If your windows do not support the latest edition of the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Incorrect use of the Service key
- An invalid EIN Number is one of the major cause
- Incorrect Company file’s PSID may cause this error
Steps for Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
To repair this error, here you get alternative solutions
Solution 1: To fix this error, you have to check your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription:
- First of all, Download and install the latest edition of the QuickBooks Desktop Tax Table release and the applications.
- Then, go to your QuickBooks and then log in to your Payroll Service Account by entering the login details
- Now, open your employee field and hit the click on the “My Payroll Services”, and then choose the “Account or Billing Information” from the drop-down menu
- Then, write your login details and select the Sign In button
- After that, restart your system and once you download the latest updates
- Then, open the QuickBooks application, then check and verify whether your issue is resolved or not
If you are endeavoring to deposit, direct paychecks for your organization, then don’t follow the given steps referenced underneath in this blog.
Solution 2: On another hand, you can fix this error by Rename the Paysub.ini file with the following steps.
Before proceeding forward, make sure you know ini is a shrouded file on windows, to view this file at first you have to change the settings of windows organizer choices.
- First of all, go to the “My Computer” folder and then click on the “Organize“
- After that, hit the click on the Folder and then locate option Now, you have to choose the View tab.
- After that, enter your click on the “Hidden Files” and Folders
- After that, you have to choose the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers alternative.
- Then, click on the Apply button and click OK
- Again, go to “My Computer” and in the inquiry bar at the top, locate the Paystub.
- Once you find the Paysub.ini file then hit the right-click on it
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “Rename” button
- Then, rename the file expansion as .old from .ini as per your according
- Repeat the similar guidelines for all the Paystub files found.
Need Help or Assistance, Reach us
After following the above solution if you need any kind of help or assistance to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036, get in touch with the Customer service and support team. For immediate help, you call them at or consulting via the LIVE CHAT option (This link is blinking at the right down corner of the website). The team of QuickBooks Pro-Advisors provides 24/7 service for their clients/users to resolve their all problematic issues. To clear any kind of doubt regarding QuickBooks, drop all queries to this email address [email protected], they reply to you as soon as possible.