QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 windows 10 is yet another error notification that has been experienced by many users of the QuickBooks Desktop software. This type of error usually triggers in the machine with Windows 10 operating system as a result of which the user is inhibited from either sending invoices or pay checks.
In this article, we shall be explicating in detail how you can fix the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 windows 10 manually without much difficulty.
However, if you are looking for more advanced resolution or experts’ advice, feel free to speak to our Accountinghub QuickBooks tech support team.
Potential causes of the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 windows 10:
Here are some of the reasons that could be triggering the QuickBooks printer not activated error code in your Windows 10 operating system:
- When the HKey_current_config\Software key has been unintentionally removed by the user which is basically used by the QuickBooks software application.
- Another possible reason could be that you are making use of an old registry key which is inhibiting the software and printer to work in tandem.
- There are chances that you have been using multiple-user mode of the QuickBooks software application or maybe you have opened your QuickBooks company accounts in different computers which could be the reason that you are dealing with such issue.
- Last, but not the least there could be possibility that your PDF driver is not up-to-date.
Please bear in mind that you can need to speak to the experts provided you are not sure about above the mentioned causes could have instigated the issue by calling our QuickBooks tech support team.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error 20 Windows 10
Cautionary warning: Before you decide to perform any changes either in your registry entry or operating system, make sure you have restored or created a backup copy of your company files. You can manually create a backup copy of the registry by following the steps that we will discuss next.
Let’s have a look at some of the best possible methods that you can imply to get of the issue you are presently facing:
Option 1: Generate a backup copy of the registry
To generate a backup copy of the registry, you have to follow the given steps:
- Firstly, you have to open the Run command and type in Regedit in the search field
- When you will do so, a window will appear on your computer screen and you have to look for the File option that you can find on the top toolbar.
- Next, you have to click on the Computer option that you can find in the File menu
- After this, please do right click on the Computer option and you will see some options in drop-down list. Now, you have to select the Export option from the drop-down list here.
- You have to give the file a title and choose a location where you would like to save the same.
- Lastly, your registry backup will be saved in the selected location as .reg file. Make sure you write down the location on a piece of paper for future reference.
Option 2: Try to first uninstall and then again install the QB accounting software application
- For uninstalling the program:
- Navigate to Control panel, then Programs and features
- Look for QB software version installed in your machine, right click on same and choose to Uninstall
- When uninstall process is over, try to restart your machine.
- For again installing the program:
- If you have the CD of the program then download the files and install the software.
- Otherwise, go to the QuickBooks website and download the latest edition of the QB software.
Option 3: Try to upgrade the version of your PDF converter which can work in coordination with your Windows 10 operating system.
Option 4: Make changes in the permissions of the Registry Editor
- Navigate to the Registry Editor
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG and right click on the program folder
- Click on the Permission option
- Now, confirm whether the user has been authorized with complete control or not
- If not, then change it to complete control
- Click on Exit button
For more advanced resolutions for the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20, express your concerns to our Accountinghub QuickBooks technical support team by calling on .