QuickBooks users have scheduling backup files which are automated to save all company backup data to secure all necessary data. Backup file performed the task on the local drive, USB drive or on a network drive. But when you installing your system with window 10, sometimes backup files won’t work and this is one of the major issues. Here we give you solutions to resolve this error issue and to know more get in touch with us via helpline number +1844-313-4856 or visit our official website www.accountinghub.co.
Causes due to QuickBooks Scheduled Backups Won’t Work Windows 10
While updating your system with window 10, the backup won’t work due to certain reasons:
- If your company file name exceeds more than 3 GB or 65 characters, then you may face this error.
- When the user tries to save the backup to an external flash drive.
- When the company file name included with.ADR extension.
Steps for Fix QuickBooks Backups Not Working Error
To fix this error issue, you need to perform these following steps:
- Change your QuickBooks company file name with these steps:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks applications and click on the company file.
- After that, hold your click on the F2 and the necessary information will display on your screen.
- Then scroll down to the company file location and select it. Then navigate the location of the selected company file.
- Specifically for window 8/ 8.1 or 10 users, they hold their click on the Start button and go to the file explorer and for window 7 or vista user, click on the Open window explorer from the drop-down options of the start button.
- Then, mark the right click on the company file and select the option Rename.
- Then choose the rename option and make a new company file name and click on the Enter key.
- After confirmation, go with Yes click.
- Set up your QuickBooks by using the new company file name by following these steps
- First of all, open the QuickBooks File menu and go with restore click.
- After that, click on “open a company file” and step towards with NEXT click.
- Then choose the new name for a company file and click on open,
- External flash drive saves company file backup with these processing steps:
- On the open window, click on the File menu then select a Backup file or save a copy.
- Then open the backup file and go with NEXT click to select the “Local Backup file”.
- Then click on NEXT and save the file.
- Find the location of the company file which is generally in C:\ drive and click on Save.
- Then hold the right-click on the backup file and open the window explorer window.
- After that, double-click on the drive which leads to open the external drive or flash drive.
- To end this process, hold your right-click and paste it.
How to contact us?
After following the above solution, if you still face any trouble or any issue you are not able to resolve, you can contact our QuickBooks technical support team via customer helpline number +1844-313-4856 or to get to know more about QuickBooks, visit our official website www.accountinghub.co. You can also chat with one of our knowledgeable and experienced experts via the QuickBooks live chat link, which is given at the right corner of our official website.