QuickBooks software is a very useful tool to take care of all accounting requirements of small and medium-sized businesses. Although the software works uninterrupted, at times, one may get an error such as ‘unable to connect to the remote server’ or an email server.
The best possible solution is to call the QuickBooks technical support team or the Accounting hub technical support to learn about the issue and resolve it immediately. You can also use the following solutions to check if the ‘Unable to connect to remote server’ error can be removed at your end.
Table of Contents
Step to Fix QuickBooks Error Unable to Connect to Remote Server
This error, ‘unable to connect to remote server’ or Unable to connect to email server’ can arise due to several reasons and some of the primary ones include:
- Firewalls – A third party firewall, which is installed in the network is interfering with the connections
- There is a problem with the server connections or the connections are lost
- The server is not able to support or run QuickBooks database server manager
1. Configuring Windows for the third party firewall
The firewall set-up in the windows might interfere with the connections to the remote server. To remove or deactivate:
- Check the firewall and internet settings and read the detailed instructions provided.
- In the firewall settings, remove or ‘Exempt’ QuickBooks from the firewall interference, to connect to the remote server
2. Update QuickBooks
QuickBooks sends constant updates for the software installed. Each time an update is sent, ensure that you download and update the software to get 100% usage of the product.
- On QuickBooks page, go to ‘UPDATES’ and select the product you want to update
- Click ‘DOWNLOAD UPDATES’ and install the latest updates.
- This will allow you to connect to the remote server
3. Change Webmail Preferences
- Go to QuickBooks ‘EDIT MENU’
- Click on ‘SEND FORMS‘ on the left-hand side and select the ‘EMAIL ACCOUNT‘ under ‘MY PREFERENCES‘ and click ‘EDIT‘
- Now, go to SMTP SERVER DETAILS section. On the ‘EDIT EMAIL INFO‘ screen, you need to set the ‘SERVER NAME‘ and ‘PORT‘ to the preferred email provider settings.
4. Change Internet Explorer to Default settings
- Click open the ‘Internet Explorer’ and select ‘TOOLS’ menu or click ‘ALT + T’
- On the ‘INTERNET OPTIONS’, select the ‘ADVANCED’ tab, and click ‘RESTORE ADVANCED SETTINGS’
- Click ‘OK’ and check if the error is resolved.
5. Network Data file or ND file options
A .nd file or the Network data file of QuickBooks software has all information regarding the computer that hosts the company file. The file is automatically created, when a scanning is done to the folder or a company file is opened.
- Press the ‘WINDOWS’ key on the keyboard and key in the words ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Click ‘ADD FOLDER’ in the QuickBooks Database server manager, and browse through to find the location of ‘Company file’ folder.
- Click ‘SCAN’, once all folders are added. Once scanning is complete, you will find ‘QUICKBOOKS COMPANY FILES FOUND’ section.
- Now, verify the .nd files for every file, by clicking on the location of company file.
Contact AccountingHub for QuickBooks Support
The above resolutions can be done to resolve the ‘unable to connect to remote server’ issue. If this has not resolved the issue, you can call our QuickBooks technical support team for more details and aid in fixing the issue. The accountinghub.co helps users to connect directly with the experts and to troubleshoot the problems immediately. The QB professionals are available in these help-desk numbers 24/7 to provide product help or any other assistance required. Call on the toll free Quickbooks Support Phone Number 1844 313 4856 to enjoy an uninterrupted service.