In QuickBooks Desktop, you can face errors while working in it; so QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for Path is one of them. This error is encounter by the user when they did a lot of invalid entries in the window’s registry. These invalid entries are not configured that causes you this error on your screen and interrupts your work.
To fix the problem the causes are also mentioned here so that you must know about the reason and then go with the solution. All the related solutions are also mentioned here that help you to fix the glitches.
Table of Contents
Causes for QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for PATH:
The reasons that cause the error are as follows:-
- Malfunction of operation in the system.
- Windows registry has invalid entries.
- Unexpected error happens Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions: Contractor 16.0”: V26.0D R3 (M=1066, L=335, C=249, V=0 (0))
- Improper shutdown of the application and the system.
- Got Unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path\\server\file.QBW.
DB manager is the domain controller so local administrator is not allowed to access the application. When there is the failure of the network connection between the database files and the users then the unexpected error 5 in call to NetSharegetinfo occurs.
Resolution for QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for Path:
There are 3 solutions that are recommended and the other solutions. You can opt any one of them if one doesn’t work then go for another solution.
- It is recommended that you need to
- Recreate the user or
- Delete the user.
- There is an advanced tool “QuickBooks File Doctor too” that you can use to fix the error easily. This will also happen when the account is damaged that cause these problems that stops you for working in the QuickBooks application.
- Install the re image repair tool and scan your computer.
Solution 2: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
- Do use the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- You need to download the tool from secure website (website link http://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBFDT/QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Now install the tool properly.
- After installation you can do the following things in it:-
- It surely configured the hosting in your system.
- Manages the permissions to the expected level of all the folder and files.
- A complete control of the user permission is provided in settings
- So you are allowed to have the full access to the destination file in the QuickBooks.
Access of File share:
- You need to give the full access of the file share
- The solution you do is based on the Windows server and the operating system that you used on your system
- Follow the procedure to provide the access for sharing the files to fix the unexpected error 5
- Go to the File Explorer and then do the right-click on the folder having the company files
- Now click on the tab named properties
- In properties, click on the sharing tab
- According to the business needs you can select the partial and full sharing
- Do select the apply button to apply all the changes
- Then click on the OK button to apply and close the window.
Solution 3 : Install the re image repair tool and scan your computer:
- To use this tool, download Reimage repair tool.
- After downloading, save the file on your desktop.
- Go to the saved file, then double-click on the file of reimage repair tool.
- Then it starts the installation of the tool in your system.
- Now have to click on the yes button when the User Account Control (UAC) prompt on your screen then the program continues to install it.
- You get a Welcome screen shown to you when it launches the program.
- Then for the automatic scan, you have to give permissions to the reimage repair tool.
- You also see a checkbox that you have to leave unchecked.
- Click on the Install button to start the installation of the tool.
- The reimage tool install on your system automatically.
- After installation, the tool requires the internet connection to download the required updates.
- The tool now start an automatic scan to know the health status of your personal computer.
- After the scan, reimage tool let you know about all the problems that you have in personal computer and also tell you the areas of problems.
- If you think that you want to repair it after the completion of the scan.
- Then for repair click on the Start Repair button.
- Your personal computer is fixed when the repair is completed.
- In the end, restart your computer to refresh your computer save all the changes, and complete the process.
In conclusion, you get all the solutions to fix the QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for PATH. If you still facing issues with this error or have any other query then, connect with the QuickBooks customer helpdesk team who is here to help you out. The team provides you all the answers and solutions to your problems and queries that you are facing while using QuickBooks Desktop Pro version.
Frequently Asked Questions
🗸 In QuickBooks Desktop.
🗸 You have to select the option User and roles.
🗸 Then, click on Create a new username for the new user option.
🗸 When you are done with this do make a new password for new or recreate user.
🗸 After that confirm the password.
🗸 Establish the user’s roles and then click on the OK button.
🗸 Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
🗸 Then open the company tab.
🗸 Now, click on the Users option.
🗸 Further, select the option Setup users and Roles.
🗸 From the user list, you have to select the user.
🗸 After these steps, click on the OK button for confirmation.
Ans. Yes, you can update the software from your existing QuickBooks Desktop or you can also download the update and then install it. Sometimes there are issues because of not updating the software.
Ans. There are 2 ways to shut down your system. Before shutdown the computer you have to close all your applications that are running on your personal computer. After that follow these ways to shut your system down:-
A. Shutdown manually using the cursor:
🗸After closing all the applications.
🗸Go to the Start menu option that is at the bottom left side of Windows.
🗸 Then click on it and from the shown menu.
🗸 Click on the Power button icon.
🗸 Further, move your cursor to the shutdown button and click on it.
🗸 Your computer shuts down and then you are done.
B. Shutdown using shortcut keys from the keyboard:
🗸Close all the applications properly.
🗸 Then press the Alt + F4 keys together.
🗸 You get the window named Shut Down Windows.
🗸 In this window, select the option Shut Down.
🗸 Then click on the OK button.
🗸 It will shut your Windows system and then you are done.