The various QuickBooks update error causes and their solutions are provided below.
If there is a Internet connectivity problems
In such a case, there might not be any error message or the error might be related to one of the following:
QuickBooks Error – 12045
QuickBooks Error – 12157
QuickBooks Error – 12038
QuickBooks Error – 12037
Table of Contents
Steps for Fix QuickBooks Upgrade Problems
Solution 1: Checking the computer’s time and date
- First, users must right-click on the clock at the bottom right of the desktop and choose Adjust Date/Time. Then, select Change Date And Time and then select the current day’s date and time. Next, select OK twice and then close and open QuickBooks.
- Then, QuickBooks must be updated.
Solution 2: Checking internet connection settings
If the website can be viewed, QuickBooks must be started and the following steps taken:
- Go to Help -> Internet Connection Setup. Then choose “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” and then select Next.
- Now, select the Advanced Connection Settings. There, choose the Restore Advanced Settings button from the Advanced tab. Next, select OK and then Done and try to update QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Firewall and Internet Security Settings
First, users must verify the configuration of the firewall settings and internet security. Users must then enable ports 80 and 443 and give access to these files:
Users must set the firewall ports related to their QuickBooks version.
In the highly unlikely scenario of all these ports being used by other processes, a fall-back port 56719 will be used for the QuickBooks Database server.
NOTE: If users need further assistance for configuring the firewall, they should consult our AccountingHub QuickBooks Tech Support Team
Solution 4: Several QuickBooks on the same computer
Errors in updates can also be caused by multiple installations of QuickBooks of the same version on a single computer.
For example: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0 and QuickBooks Premier 2018
If this is the case, users must download and install a manual update for the different versions of QuickBooks.
Downloading and Installing a Manual Update
1: Downloading from the internet for US QuickBooks
-In the QuickBooks Downloads & Updates page, users must choose the QuickBooks product from the Select Product drop-down menu. Then, the correct version/year must be chosen from the Select Version drop-down menu.
-Next, choose Search and then choose Get the Latest Updates. Now, choose Save/Save File for downloading the update.
-Once the download has finished, double-click for installing the update. The computer will have to be restarted after the installation is over.
For manually installing updates across a network, users can do one of the following:
- Access the install file that’s on the user’s computer from a different computer
- Copy the install file to a flash drive first and then to the desktop of a different computer
2: Downloading from within QuickBooks
- In File menu, users must choose Close Company/Logoff. If many company files are open in QuickBooks, this must be done for all the open files.
- Next, users must return to File menu and then choose Exit. Then, right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon on the desktop, users must choose Run As Administrator.
- Next, users must go to Help in the No Company open screen and select Update QuickBooks. Now, in the Options tab choose Mark All and then Save.
- Then, select the Reset Update box in the Update Now tab and then choose the Get Updates button.
- Now, once the ‘Update Complete’ message appears, QuickBooks must be closed.
- Next, QuickBooks must be reopened and if the message for installing the update appears, users must choose Yes.
- Once the installation is over, the computer must be restarted.
Note: Users with a payroll subscription must download the current payroll tax table for US for processing payroll in QuickBooks. The Payroll subscription has to be active.
3: Critical Fixes
- Ultra Light Patch (ULIP) is a QB feature that allows minor critical fixes to be provided without any real release patch.
- For applying critical fixes, users must take the steps mentioned in the previous step (downloading from within QB). Before the updates are downloaded, Critical Fixes must be chosen.
For further assistance, please call our AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline number . The AccountingHub QuickBooks helpdesk staff can solve any QuickBooks-related issue and is available 24*7.