At times, when we are trying to export QuickBooks reports to “Excel” file, an irking error pops-up “QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel”. This usually occurs when you are trying to update QB, which obstructs QB application to determine the Excel file that is configured on your system.
Well, you need not to worry about it as this can be fixed by re-registering all the requisite keys with MSor by reaching out to QuickBooks technical helpdesk team. The technical helpdesk team encompasses learned technocrats who are available at your disposal to provide prompt resolution to your technical worries.
The other way out is to fix this pestering issue at your own by following the below highlighted do-it-yourself steps.
Table of Contents
Possible Reasons for the “QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel” Error:
- There’s some issue with the report or the data that you are trying to export
- Either QuickBooks or Microsoft Office version are not compatible to each other
- It is possible that QuickBooks or Microsoft Office registry files have got corrupted
So, Here we Move to Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel
- First and the foremost thing is to ascertain that both MS Office and QB editions you are working on are compatible to each other.
- Now, close the Excel application by visiting “Task Manager” as it also possible that the application is opened multiple times and is running in the background. To do this, you need to hit “Ctrl + Alt+ Delete” keys together and thereafter select “Task Manager”. From there, choose Processes tab and “Excel.exe.”. Once selected, click on “End Process”.
- In case you are still not able to export the report, try repairing the MS Office. If you are still getting the same error message, reboot your system.
How to Fix “Unable to Export to Excel file format” from QuickBooks Desktop?
- Go to the “Edit” tab and chose “Preferences”
- Proceed to select “Payroll & Employees” followed by choosing “Company Preferences” option
- You are now required to click on “Full Payroll” option and create a dummy Employee
- Thereafter, create a new QB Online account
- Now, you are required to close the QB desktop application and copy all the company files to your system
- Thereafter, open QB desktop edition and visit the “File” tab
- From there, select open or “Restore Company” wherein you have saved all your company files
- Sign in to your QB account and visit “Gear” Icon
- Now, chose “Company Settings” and enter your required details in the given fields
- Opt for “Save” followed by “Done” option
- Finally, you need to open QB Desktop version and proceed to import files again
- Sign in to your QB application and visit “Gear” Icon
- Now, choose “Internet options” followed by selecting “Security” option
- Opt for “Trusted Sites” option and uncheck the option of “Enable Protected Mode”
- Click on the Sites and add the trusted sites
- Lastly, opt for “Save” followed by “Done” option