QuickBooks is an accounting software which provides services for cloud-based, Online and desktop applications. Its ease of use and user friendliness makes QuickBooks popular with small and medium entrepreneurs.
QuickBooks provides cloud based solution which makes it easier for the users to access and use their account from anywhere at any point of time.
You can recover your damaged QuickBooks file by using Auto Data Recovery (ADR). It is available with Pro, Premier, Accountant and Enterprise editions. This feature uses ‘auto replication’ technique and duplicates all your QuickBooks Company (.QBW) files. It also creates a Transaction Log (.QBW.tlg) file and keeps it ready for ‘auto recovery’. Creating these files help in recovering from data loss whenever required. The Data Recovery process doesn’t affect your scheduled backup of data company file. The backup process will continue to work as it was going on earlier.
Table of Contents
There are Two Ways in which ADR Works to Recover Lost Data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- By recreating the lost transactions using the Transaction Log file and a your Company file duplicate copies
- Recover data loss by using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery(ADR)
Auto Data Recovery (ADR) by Using Transaction Log file
ADR file has a limitation up to 1.5 Gigabytes. Contact our QuickBooks experts to know more.
Data Recovery by using .QBW.adr and.TLG.ADR Files
To recover data files using .QBW and .TLG files, you need to use the ADR version. It will recover the data within 12 hrs. To start recovering the data files, follow the steps given below:
- Create a folder and name it as QB Test
- Open folder “QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery “
- Access the location of the company file from Product Information screen and copy the contents of .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr into the newly created folder QB Test
- Start your QuickBooks application and open the required file from the QB Test folder
- Run the integrity test.
- If the Integrity test is successful, move the corrupted files to a different location and transfer the data to the initial location from QB Test folder
You May Also Read : Restore Deleted QuickBooks Files
Data Recovery Using Original Transaction Log file
The process will help you recreate all transaction.
- Follow the location of the company file and open the folder.
- If it is necessary, you need the make visible the file extension.
- Note down the date and size of the file.
- Transaction Log file (.tlg)
- Company file (.qbw)
- Now, with the name Old file, make a new folder.
- Now, move the company file to this folder.
- .QBW.adr, right click on its copy file and then click on copy
- Now, go back to the original company file folder.
- Click on organize and paste the copy into this folder.
- Now, remove .adr from the end of the file name.
- Open your QuickBooks and then Company file.
- Check whether all the files are restored or not.
Contact for QuickBooks Tech Support
If error remains in your software or the problem fails to come to the conclusion you wanted, you need further assistance or information to resolve your Data Recovery issues or relevant errors. You can contact our QuickBooks technical support team on our all time available toll-free Quickbooks Support Phone Number 1 844 313 4856.