QuickBooks is one of the best programs in the market that helps in managing and keeping the accounts up-to-date. However, like any other software, it is not free of glitches and often a user faces with error issues and this can be quite frustrating while updating QuickBooks. Most of the times, it is difficult to identify the reasons behind the errors and how they can cause the software to function inaccurately.
But the errors that a customer of QuickBooks faces might not always be software issues, there can be several other reasons that troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors.
Table of Contents
Common Causes for QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
“Unstable or patchy Internet Connection”
If you see any of these following error messages, ‘12045, 12157, 12038 or 12037’ or no definite messages of error, then you can try to implement these following steps to correct the error and if you are unable to solve them own your own you can get help from Accountinghub professionals.
Step to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
Troubleshooting Process 1
- Check the settings of your Internet Connection. Any dial-up connection would require speed not less than 28.8 kilobits per second verify that. To ascertain that your connection is stable and with adequate speed open ‘Chase Banking’. If you were unable to open it, then QuickBooks would not be receiving any update and thereby giving you error messages.
- If the ‘Chase Banking’ page opens then click and start your QuickBooks. Next click on ‘Help’ and then click on ‘Internet connection setup’. Once the option ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet’ appears, select it and click on the ‘Next’ icon.
- This will give the option of ‘Advanced Connection Settings’. An ‘Advanced’ tab will appear with ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ option, click on that. Next select the option Ok and then Done.
- After this you are all set for updating the QuickBooks Desktop.
Troubleshooting Process 2
- Try to fix the clock of your computer by checking the date and time.
- If it is not in sync with the current date and time change and make it into present.
- After fixing that, close QuickBooks and then reopen.
- Next step try to update QuickBooks Desktop.
Firewall Setting or Internet Security
Most of the clients’ like any other computer users often have Internet Security or firewall on a default setting which is suppose to stop random updates from the internet. Such a setting or firewall stops the QuickBooks Desktop software update. The best way to fix that error is by configuring the firewall setting.
Note- Also enable the port 80 and 443, in case they are being used use port 56719.
Same Version and Multiple Installations of QuickBooks:
If you have multiple installation of same version of QuickBooks on the same computer, you are likely to get an update error. You can fix the problem first by checking your QuickBooks version and then manually try to download and install the update.
If error issue on QuickBooks Desktop update persists and these solutions does not work, contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Team. One can always seek help from our QuickBooks Helpdesk and get all kind of errors solved in a very short span of time. As QuickBooks Online Support Experts is 24*7 available to Quickbooks Support Phone Number 1 844 313 4856 help you with their technical knowledge, feel free to get in touch with our Accountinghub professionals anytime.