Sage 100 is an innovative accounting solution built for small/mid-size businesses. The solution provides easy to use, supreme features, and robust customization to promote productivity and simplify the workflows.
Sometimes, when users attempt to connect Sage 100 to the server an issue may arise and hamper the smooth workflow of the company. You will receive an error with an error message stating an issue: Unable to Connect to Server.
Cause of Sage 100 2019 Unable to Connect Server
- Permissions on Application Server’s firewall not permitting communication through the workstation.
- Incorrect Port/ Server Name/ IP Address
- Problem in the Network DNS
- Running Firewall Security program
- “Session.pvk” has been corrupted
Resolution of Sage 100 2019 Unable to Connect to Server
- Verify the correct IP address / server name is appropriately entered at the time of workstation setup.
- Browse to “…\\MAS90\\Launcher” file folder on the workstation.
- Open to the Sota.ini file.
- Find [Servers] section. You will find the IP address / server name is been listed followed by the text: [1=]
- If you see the IP address/ server name isn’t correct, you need to type-in the appropriate Server Name / IP address. You may also uninstall Workstation Setup and then reinstall it.
- Verify the port isn’t blocked by firewall program and is open for connection.
- Check and validate the server name/ IP address and port have been entered appropriately in icon properties. To do so:
- Find the Sage 100 workstation icon and right click on it. Next, click on properties
- In the Target verify the server name / IP address and the port are accurate
Create an Inbound & Outbound Rule for Sage 100
- Open to the Administrative Tools: Windows Firewall with an Advanced Security Console
- Select the Inbound Rules from the left pane of console
- Right-click on the “Select New Rule” option
- Choose Port and click on Next
- Select the Specific Local ports and type in the correct port number for Sage 100 then click on Next.
Note: The default port is set . However, the port numbers are usually selected at a time of Sage 100 installation
- Click on the Allow Connection option and click on Next
- Select Domain, Private, Public and click Next
- Create a name for the new rule. Also, add a description to identify the rule used for Sage 100. Click on Finish to close
- Now, follow the same steps to create an Outbound Rule
Replace the “Sessions.pvk” & the “Locate.pvk” files (for Sage 100 Premium/Advanced edition only)
- Have users log out from the Sage 100 program
- End the Service or Application running the Sage 100
- Open to Sage 100 Advanced server and rename the “Sessions.pvk” & the “Locate.pvk” files within the “…\\MAS90\\ Lib\ Appserv” folder where Sage 100 is installed.
- Next, view the Start Menu and click on Application Server Configuration
- New “Sessions.pvk” & the “Locate.pvk” files are created automatically and restore the original grid.
Accountinghub Tech Support
The above resolution steps should be able to fix your issue. In case, the issue still continues to hamper your system, kindly give us a call on . Accountinghub provides best Sage 50 support service to customers in resolving any Sage issues. You can also reach us via Live Chat Support or by sending us a mail at email@example.com.