The new Payroll 2.0 module has been tweaked to provide better performance and neater user experience as well. Sage 100 is available in Standard, Premium, and Advanced versions however Time Card is not currently compatible with the payroll 2.0.
Features and Advantages of Payroll 2.0
- Tax Table setup and calculations have been made completely cloud-based
- Crystal report 2016
- Batch processing
- Payroll history default to 4 years
- Enhanced memo functionality
- Lets you enable batch entry for payroll processing and run multiple payrolls at the same time. This helps to simultaneously process payroll for groups of employees with different pay cycles.
- Multiple users can access the same batch at the same time in the Payroll Data Entry. However, users won’t be able to merge or renumber batches or even transfer records from one batch to the other.
- Data entry grids are used to improve efficiency
Changes in the Form Tab
The Forms tab & Integrate tab has been removed and the Non-graphical forms are also not available anymore. Fields related to tracking changes will now appear in the new History tab and the Integrate Payroll will appear in the Main tab.
- Time off – allows to define 3 time-off types
- Entry – includes settings related to entering and processing payroll
- History – helps track employee history and determine how long an employee data should be maintained
- Benefit tab displays employee’s year to date benefits and accumulated time off
- Calculate buttons added to the dollar amount field
- Calendar button added to the data field
- Hyperlinks added wherever applicable
Memo Manager Maintenance Added To View and Manage Memos
- Helps maintain memos to payroll data history
- Add an attachment to employee’s memos
Fields and Tabs Added
- Employee Maintenance tab has 5 more tabs added with each field expanded to 40 characters
- Deduction code field and Description field has been expanded
- Department number field expanded but can’t include special characters
- Deductions, Employer Disability, and Security tabs included
- Earning code field has been expanded and allows to select tax rules for each earning code
- Earning tab is replaced with Earning & Vacations window that displays year to date and quarterly earnings
- Read-only Employee Inquiry task added to the main menu
Tax Calculation Changes
- New payroll tax calculation program for eliminates the need to maintain tax calculation in Tax Table Maintenance
- Info from tax calculation engine moves to payroll tax calculation
- Run tax calculation on server or workstation
Check more on how to set up maintenance notification on your new payroll for Sage 2.0 or want to check more on the renamed and removed tasks, you can call AccountingHub for further guidance.
From setting up of Sage 100 contractor payroll to migration company files from the older versions, our experts are here to help. Just dial our 24*7 toll-free number or write to us about any issue that you are facing with your Sage 100 contractor payroll on our email [email protected]
You can also chat live from our website accountinghub.co and get resolution about your query from our expert.