If your Sage has stopped working, the first thing you need to do is understand what are the real reasons for the issue and probable outcome. Before that, let’s understand what message it shows.
It may also show the error message “System Error 21” [Directory\Serial.dat]
These can be the probable outcome of the error:
- Unexpected shutdown of the program
- Software/Program Installation Fails
- Unable to access the program
- The transaction can’t be saved
- Reports can’t be printed.
- Not able to see the update
- Not able to complete the data backup.
The error message may also pop-up when the user tries to update local computer
What are the causes of Sage 50 2019 Has Stopped Working?
- When the Firewall or Antivirus interferes the update or installation process.
- When the service is not properly installed.
- When the user installs the old version of the backup
- When User Account Control comes into action.
- When the user tries to Log-in to the MS Windows with limited account access.
- When the program is still not functioning with Admin Credentials.
- When the touch screen keyboard service is not working properly.
- When the data folder contains some damaged or corrupted data file.
- When the standard report file is damaged.
- When your operating system doesn’t recognize your printer as a default printer.
- When you use the cloud feature to run the program.
- Language and Regional Settings are not set.
- MS .Net Framework is not working properly or damaged.
- Windows Update download and installation is required.
- When an older version of the system is installed on your local computer.
- Local computer or the server is infected with CryptoWall Virus.
- Issues with the printer driver
- Data Path not correctly installed
- IP Address is used to map the Network Drive instead of the computer name.
Here are the Resolution Methods you need to follow:
Method #1: Close all the program and then restart your system to check whether the Sage is working or not. If it is not working, move to the next method.
You can make a sample company to check the functioning of your accounting software.
Method #2: Use your Admin credentials to sign-in to your Microsoft Windows and then check whether it is creating any problem or it is working fine.
Method #3: If you are working on Sage 50 US Edition
- Run your Sage 50 2019 with Administrator credentials.
- Now, check whether the sage is opening without any error or not.
If the error still occurs, move to the next step
- Close your Sage Accounting Software and then right-click on the icon.
- Now, go to the properties and then go to the compatibility tab.
- Now, a check-box will appear, click on Run this program as administrator.
- Select OK and then verify if your Sage 50 2019 is opening properly or not.
To know more, you can call us on our Toll-Free Number +1 (844)-313-4856 or you can get in touch with our Technical Team via our Official Email ID email@example.com