Are you getting the error Sage 50 invalid directory path when you are trying to open your Sage accounts? When you will be trying to open your Sage accounts, you will notice that one of your business name has been changed and the following message will be displayed on your PC monitor:
‘**** INVALID DIRECTORY PATH ****’
For speedy resolution, you can get in touch with Accountinghub tech support team.
In this article, we intend to focus on the main causes of the sage 50 invalid directory path error and explore some methods to resolve the issue.
Causes That Instigate Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path Error
This type of error in the Sage accounting software can occur when the program cannot be found in the respective data folder, ACCDATA, in the path that gives the idea in the Select Company dialogue box. This path is no longer available in the company file.
Data Kept On A Network
Sometimes this error could transpire on a network wherein the network connection is no longer accessible.
Troubleshoot Steps For Fix Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path Error
To quick fix this type of error in Sage accounting software, open Computer or My Computer and double-click the relevant network drive. If the drive opens, close Sage Drive and try opening it again.
Solution 1: Check Whether The Company Window Path Is Correct Or Not
First thing that you need to ensure is that your software is not running in a compatibility mode. For this, you need to follow the given steps:
- Do right click on your Sage accounting software application.
- Browse for Properties and then select the Compatibility option and make sure that you run this program in compatibility mode when you have unmarked the checkbox.
- You should try searching the ACCDATA folder by using the path as mentioned in the Select Company tab. There could be chances that one of the folders may have been obliterated, retitled or relocated. The misplaced folders can be generated manually and a backup reinstated in Sage Accounts.
Solution 2: Generate The Path Manually
In this instance, the path stated in the Select Company window is C:\Program Files\Sage\Accounts\Company.007 but the Company.007 folder is misplaced.
Follow the given steps to generate a new path:
- Look for C:\Program Files\Sage\Accounts
- Once you find this, select the File option and then select New and hit on the Folder tab.
- Provide the title of the misplaced folder, for instance, Company.007.
- Click twice on the new folder then select the File option and select New and after that select the Folder tab.
- Provide the name of the subsequently misplaced folder, for instance, ACCDATA.
- When you find that the ACCDATA folder subsists, run Sage Accounts and finish the ACTIVE Setup Wizard. You can now reinstate the last backup.
Solution 3: Check Whether The Company Window Path Is Incorrect
If the path is indicating the incorrect path in the Select Company tab, then you have to rectify the path.
- For this, you need to search for the following folder:
- Sage Accounts v24:Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista -C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2018
- Sage Accounts v23:Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista – C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2017
- Sage Accounts v22:Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista – C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2016
- Sage Accounts v21:Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista – C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2015
- Sage Accounts 2014 (v20):Windows 8, 7 or Vista – C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2014
- Try to look for company files and then click twice on the same and after that try to open with Notepad.
- Modify the pertinent line in the Company file as per the requirement and then select File and hit on the Save button.
- Again select the File option and after that Exit.
Solution 4: Activate Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
The null and void directory path message can also be seen on your computer screen when you have lately updated your operating system which unexpectedly deactivated the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.#
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously and when prompted writeappwiz.cpl and press OK.
- Select Turn Windows attributes on or off.
- Unmark the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or 3.5.1 checkbox and after that press OK. If the checkbox is already cleared, continue to step 5.
- Select Turn Windows attributes on or off another time.
- Mark the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or 3.5.1 checkbox.
- Don’t make any changes in the other settings and press on the OK tab.
- When you will be prompted by an update window, you just have to select Download files from Windows Update, if essential, choose to reboot your computer now.
Looking For Assistance?
For more advanced resolution for the “Sage 50 invalid directory path error”, dial us at our Sage 50 helpdesk number +1(844) 313-4856 and speak to one of our Accountinghub Sage 50 technical support team members
💠Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1 What Is Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path Error?
Ans : This error happens while opening Sage 50 when sage is unable to locate any file and hence it shows the invalid directory path error.
Q 2 What Is The Error Message That Comes On The Screen While Facing An Invalid Directory Path Error?
Ans : You can see the message as “Invalid Directory Path” while on your computer screen.
Q 3 What Is The Main Cause Of Invalid Directory Path Error?
Ans : It happens when the program is not located in the respective data folder ACCDATA, in the path which gives the idea in the Selected Company dialog box. Path no more available in the company file