Is your Sage 50 asking to update despite the fact you have already updated your file? If yes, then there are possibilities that you have not updated the correct file which is triggering this issue over and again.
In this article, we shall be going in detail to know the main cause behind Sage 50 keeps asking to update error notification and methods to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
Cause of the Sage 50 Keeps Asking to Update
In case, a problem has unexpectedly transpired during the time when you are making an attempt to install an update, instigating the file versions not to be upgraded and as a result of this your Sage 50 accounting software application may continue to notify you to install the update.
When you will be trying to install the update another time, you are notified that the software application has been upgraded now.
Note: If you aren’t sure about the causes of the Sage 50 keeps asking to update, talk to our Accountinghub Sage 50 tech support team.
How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Keeps Asking to Update Error Notification?
Cautionary note: Please make sure you take the backup of your company data and files beforehand. If aren’t sure about your knowledge in relation to the software or computer in general, take the advice of our experts.
To get rid of the Sage 50 keeps asking to update error notification, you may have to double check and give a new name to the version number of the PayCalc.dll, PayrollVersion.dat and Payroll.exe files.
Here are Some of the Easy to do Steps that you have to Perform in the Manner they are Stated below:
- First and the foremost thing that you have to do is to look for the Help section and then there you have to select the About option.
- After this, search for the Program Information. You have to confirm whether your Version Number is 24.01.080 or not.
- In the Program Information window, you need to look for the Program directory and make sure you write the same down on a piece of paper for future reference.
- Now, exit from the Sage 50 accounting software application.
- Hold Windows Key and E on your keyboard together and then click on the Windows Explorer option
- Search for the Program directory path which you have written on a piece of paper in Step 3
- Do the right click on the PayCalc.dll and after that select the Properties option
- Select the Details section and then verify whether the file version is 220.127.116.11 is there or not and after that click OK.
- Do the right click on the PayrollVersion.dat and then open it with Notepad, confirm whether the version is 18.104.22.168 or not.
- Choose the File section and then press on the Exit button
- In case, the PayCalc.dll or PayrollVersion.dat display the incorrect versions, then you have to right click on every file discretely then select the Rename option and make the desired changes in the PayCalc.dll to PayCalc.old and PayrollVersion.dat to PayrollVersion.old. After this, you can download and install the newest update by visiting the website my.sage.co.uk/downloads.
- Now, right click on the Payroll.exe then choose the Properties option
- Select the Details then confirm whether the File version is 24.01.084 or not
- In case, the Payroll.exe displays the wrong file version, then you have to download and install the newest update.
In case, the steps 1 to 6 approve that the newest update has been effectively installed then you have to perform the given steps:
- Hold the Windows key and E on your keyboard together then look for C:\Program Data\Sage.
- Do the right click on the SBD Software Update then click Retitle.
- Make the desired modifications in the name from SBD Software Updates to SBD Software UpdatesOLD.
- In the end, you have to open your Sage 50 software application and confirm whether you are able to continue working on the software without these error prompts showing up on your computer screen.
Want to inquire more about Sage 50 keeps asking to update or get the problem instantly resolved by our experts? Yes? Then contact our Accountinghub Sage 50 technical support team on +1844-313-4856 now.