Is Sage 50 key file not found error giving you a real hard time when you are trying to start your Sage accounting software application? It is yet another very typical type of glitch that users of the Sage 50 software complaint about. So, don’t fret as we can help you to get rid of this problem permanently.
In this article, we shall be deliberating about some of the possible causes of the Sage 50 key file not found and reveal some procedures to resolve this issue manually.
Cause of the Sage 50 Key File Not Found
Here are some of the causes that could be generating this type of error when you are trying to start your Sage accounting software:
- In case, the antivirus programsset up in your machineis trying tomeddle with usual working of Sage Accounting Software Application.
- In case, the common documents folder where in your Sage 50 key files has been stored is either moved to some other place or erased by you unknowingly.
- There could be possibilities that the Malware software application set up in your machine is somewhere not inhibiting your computer to function properly.
How Can you Fix the Sage 50 Key File not Found?
Let’s have a glance at some of the easiest ways to fix this Sage 50 key error that you are running into every time you are trying to start your Sage accounting software application:
Option I: Double check your computer setup
- First of all, there are likelihoods that a third party appmay be interfering with the normal functioning of your Sagesoftware application. Hence, you need to make changes in the configuration of firewall or proxy server and permit Sage software to access files. If you find it difficult to make the changes in your firewall configuration, seek the assistance of the Sage experts by calling at our tech support helpline number.
- In the event, you notice that no third party utilities areset up in your machine then you must try to run a malware scan once. For this, you must download malware removal software provided you don’t have any such tool in installed in your machine.
Option II: Run your Sage 50 business account as an Administrator
- Do right click on the Sage softwareshortcut on the desktop
- Go to Properties
- Click on the Compatibility button
- Select the Change settings for all users tabthat you can see at the bottom corner of the opened window, if preferred
- Put a tick in the box alongside Run this software as an administrator
- Hit on the Apply tab and click on OK.
Option III: Uninstall and Once more Install the program
For uninstalling the Sage accounting software application, you must carry out the following steps:
- For the users who are using Windows 8.1 and older version:
- Go to the Start menu, search for the Control Panel, and from there browse and select the Programs and Features options
- For the users who are using Windows 10version:
- You have to right click on the Start menu and search for the Programs and Features option. From the drop down list you have to select the Apps and Features option
- Ensure you pick up the version of Sage 50 you are presently using from the pull down list accurately
- To proceed further, just hit on the Uninstall button and the process of uninstallation of the program will begin.
- When the program is uninstalled, ensure you reboot your system to apply the desired changes.
For once more installing the software, you must perform the given steps in the order as mentioned below:
- Insert your Sage Accounting Software DVD into your DVD tray on your machine> Install software. Otherwise, if you already have a downloaded version of the software, just click twice on the downloaded file >choose Run.
- Put the tick mark in the checkbox to consent to terms & conditions> Press Next
- Click Yes to start the installation process.
- When the installation process completes, Launch Sage 50 Accounts
- Fill in your serial number and activation key details and press Continue.
- When requested, provide your Sage account number and press to Continue.
Are you unable to fix the Sage 50 key file not found manually or wish to inquire something else about the Sage products? Dial our Sage 50 helpdesk toll free number +1844-313-4856 to take the advice of Accountinghub Sage 50 tech support team experts.