Are you striving literally very hard but still Sage 50 not starting in Windows 10? When you are trying to open your Sage 50 accounting software, you are seeing the following warning notification on your machine:
Error: “Sage 50 Accounting could not be started…” on a machine after updating to Windows 10 and a new Windows user was formed during the upgrade.
You don’t need to feel peeved as we are here to help you sail smoothly through this difficult situation. In this article, we intend to discuss elaborately some of the root causes that trigger “Sage 50 not starting on Windows 10 error” message as well as explain several ways to resolve the same.
Cautionary warning: Before making any sort of amendments in your operating system or data drive, ensure to consult Accountinghub Sage 50 Accounting support team at our help desk number.
Table of Contents
Prime Causes of Sage 50 Accounting could not be started
The main reasons that generate this type of error in your Sage 50 accounting software application are:
- When the mapped drives are specific only to the users.
- When the users have been recently added to the Windows and don’t have their drive connected to the network data path.
Troubleshoot the Error Sage 50 not Starting After Windows 10 Update
Here are several methods to fix this form of Sage 50 software error:
Solution 1: Validate that the drive letter put in use, and the data path folder and the drive is properly connected.
To find the data path and program path, you need to proceed with the following steps:
Method I: INI file
- Firstly, hold WINDOWS +E keys together for some seconds.
- Look for C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Peach or Sage (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Peach or Sage on a 32 bit machine).
- Run the configuration file for Sage 50 versions as cited below:
Note: If asked to choose a program, ensure to go with Notepad option.
- Version 2018: Peachtree250.ini
- Version 2017: Peachtree240.ini
- Version 2016: Peachtree230.ini
- To find the data path, you need to go down towards the 3rdsubsection and search for the line opening with DATAPATH=.
- To trace the program path, you need to go down towards the 6th or 7thsubsection and search for the line opening with PROGRAMPATH=.
Method II: From Sage and its Image Properties
- To trace the data path:
- Run the Sage 50 software program.
- Click on the File, and then on the Company.
Note: Do not choose Open Former Company
- Try hovering the mouse on the edge of the box and drag to see the complete directory.
- In the directory, when you see the (-) the abridged spelling of the company forename, then it is your data path.
- To trace the program path:
- Do the right click on the Sage shortcut image
- Click on the Properties options from the drop down list.
- There you will see the blue highlighted path displayed on the Target line, (-) Peachw.exe, this is your program path.
Solution 2: Try to map the same drive letter to the common folder on the server once again.
To map a network drive, you need to proceed with the given steps:
Before you decide to map a network drive, always ensure that the folder to which you wish to map a drive must be a common folder. Besides, do confirm the name of the shared folder and note the same for future use.
For Windows 10 users, you can map a network drive by following the given steps:
- Do the right click on the Start button> click on File Explorer >then choose this machine.
- Go to Computer button>Locate Map network drive tab>then click on Map network drive.
- After this, go the Drive pull-down list, and choose the requisite drive letter.
- When the Folder window opens, provide the UNC path, for instance \\sage002337\accounts or select Search and Search for the shared folder.
- Choose to again connect when you see the sign in checkbox and after that click on the Finish button.
Solution 3: Check the right drive mapping:
For this, you have to do the following:
- Check whether the ini file displays the DATAPATH=P:\Company\ or not
- Another thing that you need to confirm is that you need to run the newly mapped P:\ drive and look for a folder by the name Company
Looking for Sage Support?
To get a speedy solution for Sage 50 not starting in Windows 10 error message or any other issues related to the accounting software; please feel free to talk to Accounthinghub Sage 50 technical support team now at our