Table of Contents
Are you encountering an error while installing a Service Release (SR) update for Sage 50 software application? Do you face the same technical problem after restarting the computer and updating the application? Well, then your software application is experiencing unknown technical glitch making difficult for the subscribers to carry their business operation.
While writing this article our main focus would be to discuss in details the prime reasons that trigger Sage 50 error when downloading updates and effective methods to troubleshoot the same problem and resolve the error.
Reasons that Results in Sage 50 Update Error
When a user tries to download updates for Sage 50, he/she encounter an error. This typically happens when some files are not properly updated during the upgrade from the previous version of the application. The error can be also the result of peachw.exe running in processes, even after the program is closed, the program is not recognized by the operating system as being installed, Anti-virus is preventing installation of service release, and Peachupd.exe is running as a process.
How to Fix the Sage 50 Update Could Not be Completed and Needs to be Run Again Error?
In order to fix the issues that occur while downloading the updates, you need to understand the following steps, which include:
- Ensure that the data path matches with the local data path on the server
- Check the data path on the server
- Verify the location of data path with the local data path
- If they do not match with each other, then you need to uninstall the application and reinstall to a different program and data path.
- Restart your Computer
- Restart your computer
- After starting it, run the update
- Run as administrator
- Do not restart your PC
- Go to your data path and check the update folder
- Now, right-click executable file and select Run as administrator.
- After this, ensure that the updates are now installed in your PC
- Verify the Task Manager to see whether peachw.exe and Peachupd.exe are still running in processes
- Right-click on the task-bar and select the Task Manager option or you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to start the task manager
- After this, select Processes Tab. If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 version, you need to select Details Tab.
- You will see peachw.exe and Peachupd.exe are still running in processes, then select end process to end the task.
- Verify Service Release (SR) updates can be installed.
- Update Missing Status Data
- Browse to the data path and verify the date of STATUS.DAT file.
- Ensure that the date on the file is not older than a year or invalid future date. Right-click on the file and change the date
- Now select RENAME option and change the name of the file to STATUS.OLD
- If the STATUS.PTL is still present, repeat step second and third step.
- After this, browse the attachment sections and download STATUS.zip file
- Now, double-click on the STATUS.zip file and select the option Extract All.
- Extract the file to the data path and verify service release (SR) updates.
- Boot in Selective Startup
- Click on Windows +R keys
- Type msconfig in the open field and then press OK.
- Click on the General tab in the system configuration window and then choose ‘Selective Startup’
- Clear Load Startup Items checkbox from the Selective startup option
- Download a new copy of the Service Release
- Browse the data path and double click on the updates folder
- After you receive service release update file by clicking right cursor, select Delete option
- Download a new copy of the update
- After downloading the file, double-click on the downloaded file and begin the Service Release installation.
- If still the issue remains unresolved, proceed to the next section.
- Check the PeachWLog.XML file that can be the cause of failure
- Browse C:\Windows
- Open PeachWLog.XML file in the Notepad
- Select Edit option and Find.
- Search for fail in the file and folder that causes failure.
- The file causing the problem is status.dat
- Rename the file or folder name in the listed step number 5 and download a replacement file and place in the same location.
- In case the files which are to be replaced is not attached, delete all program path files, and run Repair on the Sage 50 program.
- Now, install Service Release updates.
- Overhaul the program
- Go to Start option and click on the Control Panel
- Now, select Programs and Features option
- On reaching the program list, select Sage 50 Accounting and then click on ‘Change’ key.
- Select ‘Repair’ option and click ‘Next’ key to start the repairing process.
- Remove Service Release (SR) executable file
- Download WinRAR and install it in your PC
- Press right-click on Service Release executable file
- Select Extract to and add [file name].
- Open the extracted folder and press Run setup.exe.
- If you continue to receive errors, reboot your system in safe mode with networking and Run setup.exe.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Sage Application
- After the process is completed, download Sage.
- The latest downloaded file consists of latest service release applied.
Note: If you are not able to uninstall to reinstall the program because you received a message saying that it was not found or already installed, then follow underlying steps
- Run Microsoft Easy Fix Utility
- Uninstall the program via command prompt. Once the file is successfully uninstalled, close the window
- Reinstall Sage again.
- Deactivate Anti-Virus scanning
- Disable the real-time scanning of the anti-virus
- Ensure that the Sage application is updated successfully.