Are you also facing the error “Sage 50 update could not be completed and needs to be run again”? Then you must identify the reason for this cause. As it won’t allow you to work further in your Sage 50 account. So, you have to fix it soon. Go through the list of reasons and then apply the solutions accordingly to resolve the problem and get back to your work. Below are the reasons and solutions that you have to check and then implement.
Reasons for Sage 50 Update Could Not be Completed and Needs to be Run Again Error
The causes that you must know about to apply the solution for fixing the Sage 50 update error. The reasons for the cause are as follows:-
- The settings of the User Account Control (UAC) is not correct
- Antivirus blocks the Sage to run properly
- The local path and server path is not the same
- In your system, the Peachupd.exe file is running as the process
- You have to run the files as an administrator
- The PeachWLog.xml file fails to start
- Few files are not updated properly when you update the software that is causing this issue.
Steps for Fix Sage 50 Update Could not be Completed and Needs to be Run Again Error
In order to fix the issues that occur while downloading the updates, you need to understand the following steps, which include:
Ensure that the data path matches with the local data path on the server
- Check the data path on the server
- Verify the location of data path with the local data path
- If they do not match with each other, then you need to uninstall the application and reinstall to a different program and data path.
Restart your Computer
- Restart your computer
- After starting it, run the update
Run as administrator
- Do not restart your PC
- Go to your data path and check the update folder
- Now, right-click executable file and select Run as administrator.
- After this, ensure that the updates are now installed in your PC
Verify the Task Manager to see whether peachw.exe and Peachupd.exe are still running in processes
- Right-click on the task-bar and select the Task Manager option or you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to start the task manager
- After this, select Processes Tab. If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 version, you need to select Details Tab.
- You will see peachw.exe and Peachupd.exe are still running in processes, then select end process to end the task.
- Verify Service Release (SR) updates can be installed.
Update Missing Status Data
- Browse to the data path and verify the date of STATUS.DAT file.
- Ensure that the date on the file is not older than a year or invalid future date. Right-click on the file and change the date
- Now select RENAME option and change the name of the file to STATUS.OLD
- If the STATUS.PTL is still present, repeat step second and third step.
- After this, browse the attachment sections and download STATUS.zip file
- Now, double-click on the STATUS.zip file and select the option Extract All.
- Extract the file to the data path and verify service release (SR) updates.
Boot in Selective Startup
- Click on Windows +R keys
- Type msconfig in the open field and then press OK.
- Click on the General tab in the system configuration window and then choose ‘Selective Startup’
- Clear Load Startup Items checkbox from the Selective startup option
Download a new copy of the Service Release
- Browse the data path and double click on the updates folder
- After you receive service release update file by clicking right cursor, select Delete option
- Download a new copy of the update
- After downloading the file, double-click on the downloaded file and begin the Service Release installation.
- If still the issue remains unresolved, proceed to the next section.
Check the PeachWLog.XML file that can be the cause of failure
- Browse C:\Windows
- Open PeachWLog.XML file in the Notepad
- Select Edit option and Find.
- Search for fail in the file and folder that causes failure.
- The file causing the problem is status.dat
- Rename the file or folder name in the listed step number 5 and download a replacement file and place in the same location.
- In case the files which are to be replaced is not attached, delete all program path files, and run Repair on the Sage 50 program.
- Now, install Service Release updates.
Overhaul the program
- Go to Start option and click on the Control Panel
- Now, select Programs and Features option
- On reaching the program list, select Sage 50 Accounting and then click on ‘Change’ key.
- Select ‘Repair’ option and click ‘Next’ key to start the repairing process.
Remove Service Release (SR) executable file
- Download WinRAR and install it in your PC
- Press right-click on Service Release executable file
- Select Extract to and add [file name].
- Open the extracted folder and press Run setup.exe.
- If you continue to receive errors, reboot your system in safe mode with networking and Run setup.exe.
Uninstall and Reinstall Sage Application
- After the process is completed, download Sage.
- The latest downloaded file consists of latest service release applied.
Note: If you are not able to uninstall to reinstall the program because you received a message saying that it was not found or already installed, then follow underlying steps
- Run Microsoft Easy Fix Utility
- Uninstall the program via command prompt. Once the file is successfully uninstalled, close the window
- Reinstall Sage again.
Deactivate Anti-Virus scanning
- Disable the real-time scanning of the anti-virus
- Ensure that the Sage application is updated successfully.
All the solutions are mentioned to fix the Sage 50 update could not be completed and needs to be run again. You just have to identify the reason and then apply the solution step by step according to the reason. The solution is verified and checked by the team and then provided to you to help you out. In case you have to connect with experts then you have to connect with the Sage helpdesk team. Just give a call and get all the solutions and answers to your glitches. They are available all around the clock.
Some Frequently Asked Questions for Sage 50 Update Could Not be Completed and Needs to be Run Again