Are you facing hurdles while trying to update your Sage 50 accounting software application? Basically, there are instances when the users are updating their Sage program and encounter problems either on their machine or a network environment leading to installation process failure.
Before we get on with discussing the measures to fix the Sage 50 update not installing issue, please bear in mind that you have to double check the given details about your machine on which you are experiencing this issue:
- First of all, double check whether your machine is meeting the minimum system requirement or not. If not, then please comply with the minimum system requirements and then begin the resolution process.
- Secondly, be sure that you have installed the newest updates for the Windows operating system.
- Last, but not the least reboot your machine and sign in as an admin.
If you are facing any problem while performing any of the above mentioned steps, please feel free to tell your concerns to Sage 50 Accountinghub tech support team.
Troubleshoot the Sage 50 update not installing error:
To resolve the Sage 50 update not installing error notification, you just have to perform the following options in the sequence as mentioned below:
Option 1: Try to install the program straight away from the Installation folder
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard together to open the Run command.
- When the Run window opens, just write %temp% in the search field and press on the Ok button
- After this, click twice on the Sage 50 Accounts folder to open the same
- Once you have opened Sage 50 Accounts folder, try to open the Packages folder and try to install the required files as stated below:
- Sage50Accounts_ODBC_x64.msi (install it if you think it is essential from business point of view)
Option 2: Obliterate files that you find in the temp folder
Sometimes, the files getting accumulated in the temp folder create problem when you are trying to install the program maybe some of those files are used by other applications on your machine. Perhaps, these files could be interfering with your installation process.
To obliterate files in the temp folder, go ahead with the give steps:
- Press the Windows + R key together to open the Run command.
- When the Run window opens, just write %temp% and press the Ok button.
- Now, you have to press Ctrl + A keys on your keyboard in one go to select all the files in the folder.
- After this, to remove the files present in folder permanently just press Shift + Delete keys together. When you will do so, you will be prompted by a window asking whether you want to delete the files you have selected or not. You have to click on the Yes button to remove the files permanently.
- Now, try to install the program once again.
Option 3: Terminate any Sage program processes that are running in the background
- Press the Ctrl +Shift and Esc keys on your keyboard together so as to open the Windows Task Manager
- When the Task Manager opens, try to find the Processes option and look for the given below processes that could be there in the list. If you find them, just click on them and press on the End process option to terminate the same. Here is the list of the files you have to close:i
- After this, just exit from the Task Manager. For this, go to the menu bar, find File option and then click on Exit Task Manager option
- Lastly, once more try to install the program and check whether you still facing problem or not.
Option 4: Scan your machine with anti-virus and deactivate anti-virus
- Firstly, try to run a deep scan by clicking to your anti-virus software.
- In case, your machine isn’t affected by any virus or malware then try to deactivate your anti-virus software for some time and then install the program and again enable the anti-virus app.