The Sage 50 Act is a software application which is based on the Customer Relation Management (CRM). It keeps the track record of the centralized database of the clients and their prospects. It runs on the Microsoft Windows and the data is to be stored in the SQL server database. It is incorporated with the Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as other applications. Even though Sage Act is an exceptional software, there may be some circumstances where a person might encounter some errors. There is one such error known as Sage Act Error 2601. In that situation, you can try to resolve it or contact the customer support for their assistance by dialing their toll free number .
Symptoms of Sage Act Backup Error 2601
“Cannot insert duplicate key row in object’sys.syscommittab’ with unique index’si xdes id’… problem 2601” appears when I try to back up, copy, repair, create, or synchronize a remote database in Act! However, as discussed above the corrupt or damaged Windows Operating system is also responsible for the occurrence of the error. It will result in the slowdown of the programs and the response time of the application will be displayed.
What is Sage Error 2601?
The Sage Error 2601 is basically the Sage act error. It occurs when a user is trying to back up, copy, repair, create a remote database or synchronize a remote database in the Sage Act application. In that situation, the user may receive an error.
Error: “Cannot insert the duplicate key row in the object ‘sys.syscommittab’ with the unique index ‘si_xdes_id’…..error 2601”.
This error can be seen in the Sage Act applications i.e. Sage Act Pro and Sage Act Premium. It occurs in the Sage versions of 2012, 2103, v16, v17, 18. The damaged caused by this error can take place during the Windows operating system which has been corrupted. It will result in the slowdown of the programs and the response time of the application will be delayed. The main problem arises when there are many programs that will start crashing and freezing simultaneously. There are other reasons too which can lead to the occurrence of this error.
Resolution of Sage Act Backup Error 2601
Once you know what the actual reasons for the error occurrence are, make it easy to resolve the error. Below are some of the appropriate methods that are suggested by the Sage Experts. Let’s begin one by one:
Method I: Sage Act Backup Error 2601 Repair Tool
- The users will have to download this tool and run in their system
- This tool will then automatically repair all the errors by effectively locating and identifying all the errors from the computer.
- It will also help the system to run faster and smoothly.
Method II: Microsoft SQL Server
- This error can also be the result of the Microsoft SQL Server databases fail which was due to the duplicate database table row which was inserted in the back of the database.
- In this situation you will have to obtain the latest service pack for the SQL server as all the latest Microsoft SQL Server has the fix for the previous versions.
- As all the Service packs are cumulative so the latest service pack contains the fixes of the issues that where present in the previous service pack along with some other features and fixes.
- The user won’t have to install the previous service pack in order to resolve the fixes. They will just have to install the latest service pack thus resolving the issues.
- Initially, close your Sage Act software, also the other applications which runs on the SQL Server
- Download and then save the Act_Diagnostics_v17_2.exe file in your PC
- Next, open the ACT Diagnostics v17.2
- Once done then click “Ok”
- After that, click database and then go to the Database list
- Now, you have to choose the affected database and then click “Actions” button
- Select the Syscommittab Repair tab
- And then you will receive a warning notification
- After done with that then close all the applications that uses SQL Server
- Pick the “Yes” then start the Update and do the require Repair
- Once you close the status bar and also command windows
- With this, an Act Diagnostics Opens automatically and then closes it.
Hopefully, the outlined methods that are discussed in the above write-up will help you to fix Sage Act Backup Error 2601. For more queries, you can use the Live Chat option to chat with our qualified accounting professionals. They have rich experience in the accounting and bookkeeping domain, and provide valuable support to your existing Sage accounting errors or issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. If I’m having SQL- Server 2008 – Express (64 bit), SP1, do I need to run this manually from Microsoft to fix Sage Act Backup Error 2601?
Ans: The DBFixer only works for Act! versions 2013 and later. If you are using an earlier version, you must manually download the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 update and CU6.
Q2. Can I fix Sage Act Backup Error 2601 by running the batch file on all of my databases?
Ans: As this error is related to Microsoft SQL Server, you can try to run the batch file for your SQL Server version which is found in the File Attachments section:
►If you are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express, use SQL2008R2_Express_BackupFix.bat
►If you are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard, use SQL2008R2_Standard_BackupFix.bat
Q3. How do I determine my current SQL Server version in Sage 50?
Ans: If you have Sage Taxation installed, you can check the current SQL version by selecting Help > About > System Information. Your SQL version will be shown on this screen (e.g. SQL Server 2005 Express edition).