Sage 50 business accounting software is a globally recognized program designed especially for small and medium businesses owners belonging to different sectors. The software is integrated with potential features and tools that make accounting look like a breeze. But software and issues also go hand in hand. Sage also encounters some typical errors due to multiple reasons. Sage 50 error 1606 is one such error code that may need a detailed diagnostic.
There are 2 kinds error messages that displayed on your screen when you cause the error “Sage error code 1606” are:-
- Error 1606: Could not access Network location. INVALID.
- Sage Taxation Error: Error 1606 Uninstalling Sage Taxation on Server.
Note: Upgrade to the latest version of Sage 50 software & save up to $50.
So, these are both errors that users can face. So according to the error message and then cause of error users have to implement the solutions. This error also says that your system is not able to access the location of the Sage software. In this case, you have to uninstall and then reinstall the software on your computer properly.
Indications of Sage 50 Error 1606:
When the user tries to install or remove any one of the products that appear in the list of “Applies To” section, the following message appears – “Sage 50 Error: “1606 Could cannot access network location”.
This may occur if there is an incorrect setting in one of the registry sub-keys.
What Causes Sage error 1606:
- Damaged or corrupt windows file , happens during installation or when the installation is incomplete
- Improper deletion of an application, incomplete file requirements or even improper shutdown of the system
- Due to a spyware or a virus corrupting the system
- Your workstation may have a damaged Windows user profile which can be rectified by creating a new user profile
Resolution to Sage error 1606
Resolution 1 – Manual Update
- Log in to the system as an Administrator
- Go to Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > Click on “System Restoration’’
- Select the option ‘’ Restore my system computer to earlier time ’’
- Select on Next option twice , restart the computer and restore the computer
Resolution 2 – Verifying the registry keys and values set in Shell folder
- Navigate to Start > Run, type ‘regedit.exe’
- Verify the values set with the values in the table
(There are different tables meant for different Windows version– Windows XP and for Windows Server 2003 and a different value table for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 )
- If any value does not match
- Right-click the value name > Delete
- In the left pane, right-click User Shell Folders > New > click Expandable String Value > type the Name value that you want from the table > ENTER
- Right-click the value created above > click Modify > type the value in the Value data box for the Value name > then click OK
All the above information is correct and verified by the Sage helpdesk team who is available to help you all the time. You just have to connect with the team if you face any kind of glitches into your Sage account. The team members are available on live chat, email, or toll-free number so you can communicate through any means.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to install Sage using the DVD when it causes the Sage error code 1606?
Ans: ➤ Open the File Explorer
➤ Go to the Disk Contents
➤ Then check the Pre-Requisites
➤ After that, click on SuiteCommonServer
➤ Run SuiteCommonServer.msi
➤ Go to control Panel
➤ In Programs and Features
➤ Select Sage Taxation then uninstall it
➤ After this, reinstall it again using the download file.
Q2. Where is the WZSE.o folder saved and how to find it when I face Sage error code 1606?
Ans: ➤ Open the Run window
➤ Then type %temp%
➤ Now, click on the OK button or press Enter button
➤ A new window of the temp directory opens up
➤ Locate the folder named WZSE.o in it.
Q3. Do I have to login as admin also to fix the problem that causes error “Sage error code 1606”?
Ans: Yes, you have to login as an admin and also run the software as Administrator. The admin has all the allowances to access everything in the computer. So, if there are any issues the admin can fix it easily with solution steps and with all the permissions. You have to check that you are working as an admin user into your system.