Sage business accounting software is a globally recognized program designed especially for small and medium businesses owners belonging to different sectors. The software is integrated with potential features and tools that make accounting look like a breeze. But software and issues also go hand in hand. Sage also encounters some typical errors due to multiple reasons. Sage error code 1606 is one such error code that may need a detailed diagnostic.
Sage error code 1606 occurs when the user tries to install, add, remove or change the installation permission in the Microsoft program while running the install shield script.
When the user tries to install or remove any one of the products that appear in the list of “Applies To” section, the following message appears – “Error: “1606 Could cannot access network location”.
This may occur if there is an incorrect setting in one of the registry sub-keys.
What Causes Sage error 1606
- Damaged or corrupt windows file , happens during installation or when the installation is incomplete
- Improper deletion of an application, incomplete file requirements or even improper shutdown of the system
- Due to a spyware or a virus corrupting the system
- Your workstation may have a damaged Windows user profile which can be rectified by creating a new user profile
Resolution to Sage error 1606
Resolution 1 – Manual Update
- Log in to the system as an Administrator
- Go to Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > Click on “System Restoration’’
- Select the option ‘’ Restore my system computer to earlier time ’’
- Select on Next option twice , restart the computer and restore the computer
Resolution 2 – Verifying the registry keys and values set in Shell folder
- Navigate to Start > Run, type ‘regedit.exe’
- Verify the values set with the values in the table
(There are different tables meant for different Windows version– Windows XP and for Windows Server 2003 and a different value table for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 )
- If any value does not match
- Right-click the value name > Delete
- In the left pane, right-click User Shell Folders > New > click Expandable String Value > type the Name value that you want from the table > ENTER
- Right-click the value created above > click Modify > type the value in the Value data box for the Value name > then click OK
Sage Technical Support
Sage 50 is a unique accounting software which takes care of all the needs and requirements of the organization in terms of accounting, payroll and other important sectors in the business. Sage also encounters certain errors which annoys the users. For Sage Error Code 1606 you can go through the above procedure and if you have any concerns, you can contact Sage tech support number +1844-313-4856 and get assisted from the domain experts. They are available 24/7 to assist you against any query in Sage 50.