Sage 50 is amazing because of its beneficial features. It is quickly becoming the most popular accounting software among entrepreneurs. However, one thing we should understand is that no software is without errors and Sage 50 has its fair share of minor issues.
Many users have written to us that they have faced the Sage Error SQL State 08001 quite regularly, while trying to create an ODBC DSN connection on the SQL Server Express. If you are one of them, we can be of great help. We know how annoying it can be , if you come across such errors while being in the middle of something important. Don’t worry! We have got some easy solutions to this issue. Simply go through this blog till the end, implement the steps mentioned and get rid of this issue once and for all!
Here we go!
Causes of Sage Error SQL State 08001?
Many functional and technical issues contribute to the occurrence of the Sage Error SQL State 08001. Some of these are mentioned below-
- If the MS SQL Express is using dynamic ports, a user may experience the Sage Error SQL State 08001.
- This error may also occur if the port used by SQL Express is locked from use by the Firewall installed in the system.
How to Fix the Sage Error SQL State 08001?
Here is a step-by-step procedure to solve the Sage Error SQL State 08001-
- Open SQL Express
- Navigate to settings
- Find out the port number used by the SQL Express
- Now open the SQL Server Configuration Manager
- In the SQL Server Network Configuration, click the plus icon
- A list of multiple instances of the server will appear on your screen. Select the one you wish to configure
- Click on TCP/IP on the right hand panel
- Select the tab named IP Address
- Enter the proper port number used by ODBC
- Close SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Now open the ODBC DSN
- Open the configuration window
- Click DNS Configuration
- Fill in the name of the server, along with the particular instance of the port number
- Click OK to finish
Once you complete the procedure, Sage 50 will start communicating properly with your server and will be able to fetch data without any ‘connection timeout’.
We hope the troubleshooting steps mentioned above would help you a great deal to fix the Sage Error SQL State 08001 on your Computer. If you are still not able to get rid of this issue, or, if you experience any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, we would recommend you to speak to our experts.
👉Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1.Does Sage Run on the SQL Database?
Ans : Unfortunately not. Sage uses a flat file proprietary database to run its functions. It has limits on the number of transactions that can be stored.
Q 2.What is the ODBC DSN Connection on SQL Server?
Ans : An ODBC driver uses the Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface by Microsoft. It allows applications to access data in database management systems (DBMS) using SQL. ODBC facilitates maximum interoperability. This means, a single application can access different DBMS.
Q 3.What Type of Companies is Sage 50 more Useful for?
Ans : Sage 50 is considered more useful for comparatively smaller companies that do not expect an influx of over 10 users at a particular point in time.