Are you persistently getting same Sage 50 ODBC error when you are trying to work on your Sage accounting software application? If yes, then you perhaps experience this type of error due to some technical glitch.
In this article, we shall be taking you through the prime reasons that trigger Sage 50 ODBC error and some quick to do methods to help you get rid of the issue as soon as possible and resume your work without letting your business performance affected.
Howsoever, the techniques that we will be cited in this article are not the replacement for the Sage experts help. We would recommend taking the advice of Accountinghub Sage tech support team for immediate resolution.
Table of Contents
Causes Sage 50 ODBC Error
When the subscribed users encounter the Sage 50 ODBC error, they will be seeing the following message on their computer screen:
ODBC – Error: ‘Not able to locate all files in the path’ driver for Sage Accounts.
This type of error basically transpires when the ODBC is not set up in an appropriate manner. Generally speaking, the trajectory that actually the connection puts to use does not comprise of right Sage 50 Accounts information or holds no files.
When you will try to bring Sage 50 Accounts data to update, by default the ODBC records trajectory is swapped with the default records site. If you have kept your information on a network, or in some other site, the association then has the inappropriate info.
Therefore, you need to correct this information. And for that, you need to make the desired changes in the data trajectory that you have set up to the right ACCDATA folder.
Note: If you feel unclear about the ODBC error, then seek the immediate assistance of the Sage experts by calling on our product help number.
Steps for Fix Sage 50 ODBC Error
Here are some of the things that you can do to get rid of the Sage 50 ODBC error:
Step 1: Check your company’s data directory
To check your company’s data directory, you need to follow the given steps in the order as cited:
- First and the foremost thing that you need to do is to click on your Sage 50 Accounts 2012 version
- After that, you need to click on the Sage Accounts.
- Next, you need to go to the Help section and from there look for the About option.
- In the About option, you need to look for the Program Details segment and there you will find the data directory. Ensure you pen down this data directory somewhere for future reference.
Step 2: For users who are using Sage 50 Accounts 2011 and below version, you need to follow the given steps in the sequence as mentioned:
- Firstly, you need to click on your Sage Accounts.
- Next, you need to go to the Help section and from there look for the About option. After that, browse for the System Information option.
- In the System information, you need to click on the Directories option. Here you will be able to see your data directory on the right-hand side. Ensure you pen down this data directory somewhere for future reference. If you find any sort of difficulty in finding the data directory, contact the Sage experts for further help.
Step 3: Modify the data path in the ODBC driver
To modify the data path in the ODBC driver, you need to follow the given steps:
- Go to the Start tab>Look for the programs and files option>Write odbcad32 >Press Enter.
- For Windows Vista users–Go to the Start tab>Click on the Search tab>Write odbcad32 >Press Enter.
- For Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 users – Go to the Start tab>Search for Run command>Write odbcad32 >Press Enter.
- Go to the System DSN and then choose the data source for your Sage Accounts version, for instance SageLine50v18 >Arrange.
- Modify the Data trajectory box to display the company’s data directory.
- Click OK and again click on OK button.
You have finally modified the data trajectory and you are now authorized with the right to use your data by means of the ODBC driver.
Still seeking assistance help?
If you are not able to get rid of the Sage 50 ODBC error despite following the above-mentioned steps, then to get the fastest resolution without wasting your valuable time is to seek the assistance of Accountinghub Sage 50 technical support team at our helpline number