Basically, Sage 50 Payroll Tax is a state tax calculated on the basis of the amount of wages paid by employers. It is calculated depending upon the amount of wages we get and the amount collected in each state or territory. In the process, at times there is an error in the employ Payroll calculation, it may be because of the formula listed on the Employee record does not exist in Payroll or either Invalid filing of status selected.
Table of Contents
Causes of Payroll Tax Calculations Could not be Found.
- Outdated tax update
- Inactivated product
- Out-of-date version
- Planned renewal date to issue payroll for more than 20 days.
- Payroll ID might be closed
- Close the history mode if you are still in the history page.
Step to Resolve Payroll Tax Calculations Could not be Found.
Solution I: In case, if the error specify FIT, SIT, FICA, FUTA, or MEDICARE formulas could not be found, simply follow the steps:
- Click Help, About Sage 50 Accounting
- Make sure that the installed Tax Service lists the current year for example (20180402) that Installed Tax Service
- Get on to File, Payroll Formulas, Sage-Maintained Formulas
- Check whether the formula for the current year is inserted with Formula ID on the Formula ID drop-down list which display the formula name for example, the 2018 FIT formula is named FIT 18)
- Click Maintain, Default Information, Employees
- Make sure the tax fields are checked to calculate under the Employee Fields tab,
- Authorize the tax fields are checked to calculate (Calc) in the Company Fields tab and make sure the formula is used properly.
- Click OK
Solution II: In case, if the formula doesn’t appear in the User-Maintained Formulas
- Click the File, Payroll Formulas, User-Maintained Formulas
- Replace XXSUI in place of XX for Formula ID. Also mention state abbreviation for example (GASUI)
- Enter XXSUI ER YY for formula name.
- Convert Effect on gross pay to Subtracts from gross
- Put Filing Status to All
- Clarify the method to convert from formula to tax.
- Convert Tax Agency to State
- From the drop-down list, select your own state
- Verify Use this formula as a filter on the Payroll Tax report
- Click on enter in the Formula field tab.
Solution III: In the case, If SUI is paid to multiple states
- Click File, Payroll Formulas, then User-Maintained Formula
- Use SUI formula from the Formula ID list
- Modify the state abbreviation in Formula ID and Formula Name to the additional state’s abbreviation.
- Check whether the year mentioned is Formula ID is current.
- Change the Rate and Limit, if needed
- Click Save
- Repeat for additional states
- For additional support: Contact us at our Sage 50 Technical Support 1 844 313 4856
- Drop mail on our official Email Address [email protected]
Get in touch with us via Sage Chat support.