Are you feeling overwhelmed as you aren’t able to resolve the Sage 50 SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working error? Don’t feel uneasy as we can help you sail through this difficult situation smoothly and resume your business without wasting much time.
In this article, we shall be highlighting some of the simple techniques that you can put to use to fix this problem. If you are not much self-assured about performing the cited procedure, then we would recommend you to seek the assistance of experts.
Table of Contents
What happens when this SBDDesktop.exe error transpires?
When this type of error triggers, you will be seeing the mentioned below message on your computer screen:
‘SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working’ or ‘Sage unexpectedly ceases to functionwhen you are trying to send email reports and layouts’.
Troubleshoot Sage SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working problem
To quick fix this error, you need to first download and correctly set up an upgrade for your version of Sage accounting software application. After that, make sure you cross check your email settings and defaults.
Important note: In case, you are using Microsoft Office 365, make sure thatyou have correctly downloaded the newestversion.
Here are some of the methods that can help you fix the issues in no time. However, you need to make sure that you follow the steps in the order as mentioned below:
Step 1: Download the latest upgrade
- First and the foremost thing that you need to do is to look for the correct links to download the correct version of Sage accounting software application:
- Upgrade for v23.1 and below
- Upgrade for v23.2 and above
Note: It completely depends on the type of web browser you are using; the file will spontaneously download to the location that you opt for. If you have opted for Downloads folder, then you need to press Ctrl+J keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- After this, you need to click twice on the downloaded file and select the Run option from the drop down list.
- Now, run the desired report or generate your layout as usual. Here if you see a window opens on your computer screen by the antivirus software to confirm the action, then you need to click on the Allow option.
- In case, you are using the Quick Email choice, then you have to first refresh the layouts. To refresh the layouts, you need to follow the given steps:
- Go to the Settings option and after that press on the Invoice and Order Defaults option that you can find in the Settings tab.
- Now, press on the Email button.
- For every document category, you need to look for the prerequisite layout.
- Lastly, press on the OK button.
- If the glitch still transpires, then make sure you reboot your machine and try to open your report or layout once more time.
Step 2: Cross check your email settings
- Firstly, you need to review properly any of the reports or layouts where you think this issue is occurring.
- Press on the Printer Offsets and after that select the Email Setup option.
- When you see the Default Provider drop-down items, make sure you select the Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose the Where MAPI is stated in the report, and make use of the default provider in its place check box.
- Press on the OK button and after that exit from the Preview window.
Step 3: Cross check your email defaults
- Go to your Sage Accounts and look for the Settings option and from there select Email Defaults option
- You need to go to the Email Program drop down items and then click on the Microsoft Office Outlook option
- Now, select the Apply option and after this you need to choose the layouts you wish to send by means of email.
- Press on the OK button and again you have to press on the OK tab.
Still need Sage Tech help?
If you are not able to fix the Sage SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working error or want to consult experts for any doubt related to Sage accounting software, dial our Accountinghub Sage 50 technical support helpline number .