Is your Sage 50 accounting software not accepting your correct password? Well, if this is happening then there could be technical glitch that is creating such kind of problem for you.
In this article, we shall be going into detail to understand the best possible ways to get rid of the Sage Won’t Accept Correct Password problem that you are facing.
How to troubleshoot Sage Won’t Accept Correct Password error?
Before you decide to move ahead and perform the suggested measures to fix this issue, we would recommend bearing the given facts in mind:
- Firstly, you need to check whether you are able to sign in the accurate company or not.
- Ensure that the Usernames and Pins that are you are using is case sensitive
- Validate that you enter the user ID and PIN accurately as they were recorded during registration; for instance, Postcode, PASS-CODE, and pass code are not swappable.
- If you are not certain what your user ID is, then look through your business’s directory and search for *.cac and *.cax; any files are user ids–the file title is the user ids: for instance, BOB.caxthen a user id is BOB.
- If the user was created in a preceding version of Sage 50 and the user id is lengthier than 16 characters, or the pass code lengthier than 9 characters, provide as much of each as will appropriate and press OK.
- Click on the Microsoft Word or Notepad and provide your pass-code in there to confirm all keystrokes are recorded appropriately. Then attempt to copy the duplicate and paste the confirmed pass-code into the pass code tab.
- The admin user in each business can reorganize pass codes. If the admin can sign in, then you can proceed with the guidelines as mentioned in Solution I. On the other hand, if the manager cannot sign in, then you need to proceed with the guidelines as mentioned in Solution II.
Steps for Fix Sage Login Issue
Solution I: Retune the user’s passcode
- Try to sign as an Admin user and then reset your pass code
- Again check whether the user is able to sign in after resetting the password or not.
Solution II: Opening the wrong company
- You need to open the program and then click on the Browse button to find all the companies.
- Choose the right company.
- Again check whether the user is able to sign in or not.
Solution III: User doesn’t have the license
- Sign in to the company as a user with all Admin rights
- Go to Maintain option, click on Users, and after that select Set Up Security
- Put a tick mark on the License box that you can find next to the User’s name
- Hit OK button
- Sign in to the company as a user with Admin rights on some other user’s system.
- Confirm the user is still displaying the license
- Confirm whether the user can sign in with their registered username or not
Solution IV: Not able to reset the user’s password or Administrator not able to sign in
If you are not able to fix the issue, despite following the above-stated steps then we would recommend you to seek the assistance of Sage experts by calling on Sage tech support helpdesk number
Solution V: Reinstate backup made before the transfiguration
- Go to the File option and browse Reinstate
- Go to Browse, choose the anticipated backup, and then hit on Open tab
- Click on Next
- Choose the preferred reinstate process:
- Overwrite present company data or Company
- Make a new company with the use of the reinstated data
- Click on Next tab
- Choose the preferred reinstate options:
- Company Information
- Tailored Forms
- Web Proceedings
- Intelligence Reporting Logs or Business Intelligence Journals
- Click on Next
- Confirm the reinstate options, and then click on Finish
- The company account will open when the reinstate process is complete