The error of file shortcut is changed or removed shown in Sage 50 when the shortcut is broken or not able to open the program. This shows you the error message on your screen as “The item “Filename” that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved”. So, there are various reasons that cause you this error in your Sage account. You have to identify the reason for the cause to choose the solution accordingly. Below are the reasons and the solution that help you in resolving the issue.
Summary of the Item ‘[filename]’ that this Shortcut Refers to has been Changed or Moved Error
• When error comes on the screen as “The item “Peachw.exe” that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?”
• My shortcut is not working
• Sage 50 U.S application icon showing as a white page
• Program is not opening
• Error shows “The item “app” that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?”
Causes of Sage 50 the item ‘[filename]’ that this Shortcut Refers to has been Changed or Moved
- Damaged shortcut
- Incomplete or improper installation
- The file Peachw.exe is missing
- Firewall or anti-virus is hindering the copying of the files while installation is going on
- Sage 50 is uninstalled
- Installation get stopped at Step 3 of 3
Step to fix Sage 50 the item ‘[filename]’ that this Shortcut Refers to has been Changed or Moved
Step 1: Editing the shortcut
- In order to keep shortcut, click on No
- Then right-click on the shortcut and then choose Properties
- Now in Target Field, make sure that quotation marks are added at the end as well as in the beginning of text
- Then click on OK
- Then to check whether the program opens or not, click twice on shortcut
Step 2: Creating the New Shortcut
- Click on Yes, so that shortcut is deleted
- Then go forward to browsing the path of program
- Then go to exe file and right-click on it
- After that tap on Send To and after that choose Desktop (create shortcut)
- To cross-verify whether that the program open, click twice on the new shortcut that has been created on your system
Step 3: Run Repair
Run repair, if you notice that the file peachw.exe is missing.
Step 4: Stopping the installation at Step 3 of 3
- Ensure that Sage 50 is uninstalled
- Then reinstall it
Step 5: Sage 50 is uninstalled
This problem also occurs when Sage 50 is uninstalled due to any of the reason. You can reinstall it to get rid of the problem.
Step 6- If Installation of the program is done in another directory instead of C: drive
- Check that the installation of the program in 64-bit is not done properly. So, install it in the C: drive completely
- Uninstall the program and then again install it in the C: drive that is recommended always.
Need Help :
About the error “The item “Filename” that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved” all the information to fix it is given. You just have to follow the solution according to the cause and then implement it. The steps are easy and simple that you can resolve them on your own. Still, you have some issues or queries then reach the Sage 50 helpdesk team who is always here to help you out. They are available 365 days a year so that you can get in touch with them whenever required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1 . How to find the data path to create the new age 50 shortcut?
Ans : Find the data path to create the new age 50 shortcut :
💠 In your windows, press the Windows+E button to open the File Explorer
💠 Go to the path C:\ProgramData\Sage\Peachtree
💠 Open the configuration file according to the version of your Sage 50
💠 For data path go to the end of the 3rd paragraph
💠 Locate the line as DATAPATH=
💠 You get the data path for the shortcut.
Q2. What are the steps to locate the Program path for Sage 50 new shortcuts?
Ans : Steps to locate the Program path for Sage 50 new shortcuts :
💠 In your windows, Open the File Explorer
💠 You can also, press the Windows+E button to open File Explorer
💠 Enter the path C:\ProgramData\Sage\Peachtree
💠 Then open the configuration file according to the version of your Sage
Q3. If the Sage shortcut is not working then what to do to change the icon of the program?
Ans: Sage shortcut is not working then what to do to change the icon of the program :
💠 Firstly find the Sage 50 icon on your desktop
💠 Then right-click on the Sage 50 icon
💠 From further options, click on the Properties
💠 The Properties window opens up, click on the tab Shortcut
💠 After that, click on the Sage 50 icon
💠 Click on the Ok button 2 times
💠 Now the image is changed
💠 Check and verify that the icon image is changed successfully.
Q4. How to repair Sage 50 to fix the error instead of uninstallation?
💠 Firstly, open the Control Panel in your system
💠 Then go to the Programs and then again click on the Programs
💠 Now, you get the list of all the programs
💠 Search and select the Sage 50
💠 Right-click on it and then click on the Change
💠 Click on the Repair option then click on the Next button
💠 It starts the repair process and then installs the updates.