Is QuickBooks error 80070057 giving you nightmares these days? Well, put an end to your worries as we can help you to quick fix this problem in a matter of a few minutes. When you try to run a company file, you may see the following notification:
QuickBooks error 80070057 the parameter is incorrect. You do not have sufficient authorizations to erase files in the specified folder.
In this article, we shall be going into details to know the main cause of this error type and simple measures to resolve it.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057
- When you are making an attempt to open the company file by clicking twice in place of opening the file after opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
- When you trying to open a company file that is placed in a folder on a deviated desktop, and the machine (for instance, laptop) are not linked to the network.
- The third-party firewall is not set for QuickBooks.
- When you are using Bitdefender (anti-virus), which restricts unusual ports when there is data traffic between machines. QuickBooks Desktop 2018, 2017, and 2016 version make use of the database service functioning on the host machine. This database service interacts through ports 56728 (2018), 56727 (2017), and 56726 (2016) correspondingly. Bitdefender tends to avert these ports by default.
For immediate help, seek the assistance of qualified Accountinghub QuickBooks Enterprise Support team at our helpdesk number.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80070057
Perform the given suggested solutions to fix the error:
Option 1: Run as an Administrator
Re-open your QuickBooks Desktop:
- Do right click on the program shortcut.
- Opt to Run as administrator.
Option 2: Open the company file once the QuickBooks software application has been launched
Not like other application, QuickBooks Desktop is intended to be opened from within the application and not even by clicking twice on the company file.
- Hold Windows key and then click on All Programs.
- Click on the QuickBooks version that you wish to open.
- If your company file doesn’t open automatically, click on the company file, then select Open.
Option 3: Transfer the company file folder to the local drive
Transfer your Company File to a folder on the C:\ drive, so that all machines on the network can easily access the files.
Option 4: Upgrade QuickBooks to the newest release
Try to upgrade your QuickBooks software application to the current release.
Option 5: Make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor
You must try to download and run QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the issue.
Option 6: Manually Fix QuickBooks Error 800070057
Rename the .nd file.
- Click on the folder where the company file is kept.
- Search for the matching .nd file of your company file. For instance: My Company File Name .qbw.nd
- Do right click on the .nd file, and then choose Retitle.
- Write .old at the tail of the file name.
- Example: My Company File Name .qbw .nd .old
Rescan your file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Hold the Windows key on your keyboard for some seconds. After that, write QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the search field.
- Click on the Add Folder to show Browse Folder dialog box.
- Select the folder where your company file is saved, then press OK.
- Choose Scan.
- Once the scan process gets over, try to open the company file once again
Option 7: Make changes in your firewall software
- Check the Firewall and Internet security for any available upgrades and network access to have a look at the exemptions required.
- Perform the instructions as given by the firewall service provider to make the desired changes in your firewall to permit Internet access to the QuickBooks Desktop files on all machines.
- Even after making the desired changes in the setting of the firewall does not fix the issue, then we would recommend you to try to uninstall and again install the firewall.
Option 8: Make changes in the setting of Bit Defender to enable QuickBooks Desktop to interact without any restriction
- Go the Bit Defender 10.0 menu, select the Antivirus.
- Choose the Custom level >Eliminate path from the scan.
- Select the New item tab.
- Choose the mapped drive or UNC path that has been used to locate the company file. For instance: “Q:\”
If you wish to express some of your concerns regarding QuickBooks error 80070057, dial our QuickBooks product help to have a word with the Accountinghub QuickBooks technical support expert now.