We are living in a technologically powered age, in which a million technological advances occur every second in every corner of the globe. QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 is one such technological advancement loaded with great functionality and features. For users who are not familiar with QuickBooks Desktop Premier, it is actually an advanced version of QuickBooks Pro. Many users prefer QB Premier among other versions of QuickBooks. If you’re still using the older version of QuickBooks Desktop Premier then it’s a good time to upgrade with the latest version to infuse your business with more advanced tools and functionalities. In this article, you’ll get to know about upgrading from 2008 Premier Accountant Desktop to 2020 version.
About QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020:
QuickBooks Desktop Premier is an updated version of QuickBooks that includes all advanced features and simplifies accounting for businesses of 1 to 5 users. It allows you to keep track of all of your finances under one roof, ultimately making the users more productive.
What Makes QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 Everyone’s Choice:
QuickBooks Premier has some additional features which are added in it apart from QuickBooks Desktop Pro. Additionally, It has five industry-specific editions including QuickBooks Accountant, Contractor, Producer and Wholesale, and Nonprofit, each with its own set of features.
What are the key Features of QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 Edition:
The listed below are the key benefits that you get when you purchase QuickBooks Desktop Premier Edition for the first time:
- Allows up to 5 users to function at the same time.
- There is now an updated inventory Centre to keep track of inventory information.
- The ability to set up several units of review for inventory products is another appealing aspect of QuickBooks Premier.
- Users can display customized sales and profitability reports.
- The user can import data from Excel, Quicken, and previous QuickBooks versions into QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020.
- In QuickBooks Premier, a work costing Centre is also available to review time spent, revenue, and expenditures for each job.
New Features of QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020:
QuickBooks Premier is already a feature-rich version of accounting software, and the release of QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 is the icing on the cake. Let’s take a look at some of the new features that have been introduced to the list:
- Find company files with much ease: Users can find company files with a new searching tool that has boosted searching speed.
- Combining multiple invoices: The QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 has a new and amazing feature, which is the ability to combine several invoices. This means that several invoices can now be merged into a single email.
- Improved Security and reliability: Premier 2020 has improved the reliability and security of data transmission between accountants and QuickBooks.
- Hide columns with QuickBooks Premier 2020: With the support of assignments and classes, it is now possible to hide columns in statements to display quick, easy-to-read customer totals.
- Adding customer PO number in mail subject: This means that users of QuickBooks Premier 2020 will include the customer PO number in the subject of mail.
- Smart Help: Users of QuickBooks Premier 2020 can use the smart support feature to access content and search information, or they can reach out to experts through messaging and callback options.
- Automatic payment reminders: You don’t have to be concerned if you have trouble keeping track of things and remembering deadlines. QuickBooks Premier 2020 has a fantastic feature that allows users to set reminders for customers when their invoices and pending dues using automated payment reminders feature.
System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop to 2020 Version:
➤ Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 Update 1 or Windows 10 are the first requirements.
➤ One of the machine prerequisites is Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 R2, or 2016.
➤ To support the 2020 version, a 2.4GHz processor is required.
➤ 4GB of RAM is needed.
➤ It is suggested that you have at least 2.5 GB of disc space available, except data files.
➤ 4 X DVD-ROM drives is also included.
➤ It is important to have access to the internet.
➤ One of the system requirements is product registration.
➤ It is recommended that you use a screen resolution of 1280×1024 pixels or higher.
➤ Designed to work with the default DPI Setting.
Steps to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Premier from Older Version to 2020:
➤ Go to the Help menu, select Upgrade QuickBooks
➤ If you’re already using QuickBooks then select “Upgrade Now”
➤ Select the version you want to upgrade to and then select “Upgrade Now”
➤ If you want to keep your current version, select “Keep old version on my computer” and then select Let’s go
➤ QuickBooks will download, install, and register the new version for you, and then create an updated version of your company file
If you’re not prompted to choose a new version, you’ll need to enter your QuickBooks license info. Here’s what to do:
➤ Find the purchase confirmation email from QuickBooks.
➤ Enter the License Number and Product Number, then select Continue to finish the upgrade.
➤ On the other hand, you can purchase the product if you need to buy a new one. After that, you can start the upgrade.
Run your businesses with even more productivity with impressive features that QuickBooks Desktop premier 2020 has launched. If you’re still using the older edition of QuickBooks Premier, now is the time to upgrade. Make sure you upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020, if you want to get more benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I upgrade my QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2008 company file to 2020 version?
Ans: After upgrading QuickBooks Premier then it is always required that you upgrade your company file as well. So, to start with confirming that you’re using multi-user mode because it only lets you access. Then go to the File menu and click “Open and Restore the company file”. Click on the same backup copy. Hit the Continue tab and then click to open the company file. After that, login as an Admin and click the button “Upgrade”. To successfully do that, you have to follow on-screen instructions. Once the upgrade is completed then hit the “Done” tab at the end of the process.
Q2. Do I need to upgrade my QuickBooks software to the latest version every year?
Ans: No, You do not have to upgrade your QuickBooks every year; some users are still using the 2008 version! But to get more advanced features, you may need to upgrade your software with the latest release. If you upgrade your computer Operating System you will eventually find that your old software won’t run right any longer. But you should “update” your existing version every time a new service release is issued.