QuickBooks has the maximum share in market serving small & medium business accounting needs of 3 million users worldwide. The company has 16-years of continuous improvement history that keeps the software more agile and successful by offering comprehensive financial management solutions.
Do I really need to upgrade to a new QuickBooks Desktop version? The answer is “Yes” as this step-up from QB pro-2016 was made mandatory by QuickBooks in March 2019 itself. In case users do not upgrade, their Payroll would not work anymore under the older QB Pro 2016.
Table of Contents
New and Improved QuickBooks 2019
The latest version of QuickBooks 2019 has many advanced features like Managing all your finances from a single-screen interface, tracking employee hours on-the-go anytime, Improved Payroll functioning, tracking down business loans and analyzing financial health, job-related expense can now be managed in a better way.
- Customer invoice history tracker
- Easy version upgrades
- Transfer Credits Between Jobs of the Same Customer
- Create a Bill Payment When Using the Write Check
- New Employee Pay Adjustment History
- Improved Sick and Vacation Pay Tracking
- New Inventory Report Totals
- More definitive view of any permission levels
Upgrade to A New QuickBooks Desktop Version Is Fast and Easy
Upgrading to QB 2019 is a simple two-click process and whats more is that the entire upgrade processes is automated. Minor changes to the database is required instead of updating the company files completely. User also has the option to retain the older version of QuickBooks (recommended also).
How to check the latest QuickBooks Desktop patch?
- Open QuickBooks Desktop > Press F2 key
- Check the current version on the Product Information window
- Also Check what’s the latest release available
Option 1: Automatic Update
- From QB Help menu > Select Update QuickBooks > Go to Update Now tab (ignore the table because nothing needs to be changed)
- Check Reset Update box to erase all previous downloaded update
- Select Get Updates & accept the option to install the new release.
Option 2: Manual update
- Close your company file(s)
- select Run as administrator from the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- When you are on the No Company Open screen > Select Help > Update QuickBooks
- Go to the Options tab > Select Mark All > Select Save
- Click on Update Now tab > Mark the Reset Update box
- Select Get Updates button & close the QB Desktop
- Reopen QB Desktop and select Yes if prompted to install the update
- After complete installation, restart your computer
How to Reduce the QuickBooks Company File Size While Updating
You can reliably reduce file size without deleting the data by following the below process. Choose condense data to retain all transactions but remove audit trails. It also helps to clean up performance logs and other technical details to save as much as 32% file size reduction.
Select Accountant > Condense Data or from the client’s version of QB Select File > Utilities > Condense Data.
Are you facing any issues about downloading the latest table with your new QB 2019? If you have a Payroll subscription, you also need to download the latest payroll tax table.Is your payroll subscription active?
Call AccountingHub for critical fixes and issues with an Upgrade to a new QuickBooks Desktop version on our Quickbooks desktop technical support number .
We are one of the trusted full support service for error fixes, upgrades, subscription to QuickBooks and latest add-ons. Our experts have years of experience to guide you correctly and resolve any issue related to QuickBooks in a timely manner.