What’s New In QuickBooks 2019
Moving from QuickBooks Pro 2016 by March 2019 was made imperative by QuickBooks. In case you won’t, Payroll would not work anymore using QB Pro 2016. Therefore it becomes all the more important to upgrade to QuickBooks Pro 2019 without any problem
The newly launched version of QuickBooks 2019 has many advanced features like Manage finances from a single screen, tracking employee hours from anywhere, Improved Payroll, tracking business loans, adding job-related expense all managed in a far more convenient and better way.
QuickBooks Pro has several advantages like it allows 3 users can work on a data file simultaneously and it also supports 3 separate company files without syncing each other. QuickBooks offers extra features like Data Backups, Live Bank Feeds, Online hosting of companies data, Tax forms support for W-2s, 1099s, W-3s, and 1096s, etc.
Main Errors While Updating to QuickBooks Pro
However, during updating from the older version to the new QuickBooks 2019, users may encounter several errors.
Users report several issues while updating to the latest Desktop QuickBooks Pro 2019, R5 may give errors, tools that are helpful to users may not get updated. Once you update, there may be an instance where the payroll cannot run because the tax table would not update.
Once you condense and rebuild, errors may surface in showing incorrect balance sheet, prior inventory may show incorrect figures; all indicating a faulty backup.
How to Upgrade to QuickBooks Pro 2019 Without Any Problem
Solution 1: Manually Download the Updates And Install QB
- Visit the QuickBooks Downloads & Updates page
- Under Select Product dropdown choose appropriate QuickBooks product
- From Select Version choose the appropriate version year
- Click Search > Get the latest updates > Save & Install the updates
If you encounter any errors after the manual download, you’ll have to perform the Verify and Rebuild Data Utilities to fix it further.
Solution 2: Restoring the Company Backup Copy and Used It as the Working File
- Go to File menu > Select Open or Restore Company.
- Click on the radio-button for Restore a backup copy > Click Next.
- Select Local Backup > Click Next > Click Look In to locate your backup file
- Select the backup file it appears as [Company Name].qbb
- Open it > Click Next > Save where you want it to be saved by clicking Save in
- Click on the drop-down for, then select where you want to save the restored file.
- Enter File name – Save as option automatically shows QuickBooks Files (*.QBW).
Solution 3: Check Internet Security/Firewall Application Settings
At times internet security or firewall settings can interfere with updates so you need to configure the internet security and firewall properly. Enable Ports 80 and 443 and also approve the following files:
Solution 4: Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same computer
If you have installed more than one QuickBooks Desktop of same version then the update errors can occur.
If this happens, you must download and install one or more version manually.
Also check the following:
- Adjust correct system data and time
- Check your Internet Connection Settings
Hopefully, these steps will successfully upgrade to QuickBooks Pro 2019 without a problem. However, if you still face an issue, immediately contact our QuickBooks technical support team at AccountingHub.
We offer a complete range of support services for QuickBooks be it installing updates, providing support solutions, resolving errors and fixing critical issues after an OS update, data recovery and more.
Call AccountingHub’s toll-free tech support on , or chat live for any questions or queries. You can also write in to us for a detailed solution and our expert will get back with the right resolution promptly.