Is your Windows firewall is interrupting you while working on QuickBooks Desktop?
Are you also irritated with the windows firewall blocking issue?
In this article, you get the information to tackle the problem of Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks 2018 and 2019. So you have to go through the article and apply the solution step by step to fix the issue while working with the QuickBooks desktop 2018 and 2019 software. Let’s start reading the article and apply the solution to get rid of the firewall problem with QuickBooks.
Table of Contents
Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks Issue
When the error occurs, every time the user tries to run QBDSM, they get a Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks error message. Users may attempt to try some hither and thither steps like checking the ports, uninstalling and reinstalling QB, turning off the firewall, running File Doctor diagnostic tool but they may still not be able to overcome the Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks error.
Why Getting Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks Error
The Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks error may display an error – “Network diagnostics failed or “Disable exceptions Firewall not defined” fix issues and retry”. The error message itself provides a clue to fixing the issue.
How to Resolve the Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks Issue
Manually Configure the Windows Firewall Setup:
For easy resolution, you can configure your firewall manually to lift the block from your QuickBooks program. The steps may vary depending on the version of the firewall in your system. Here, we describe the process of fixing the issue with Windows 7, 8, 10.
- In the Start window type Firewall & select Windows Firewall
- Go to Advanced Settings > Right Click on the Inbound Rules > Click on New Rules
- Click to choose the PORT > Click next
- Ensure the TCP is checked
- Type the relevant port number of (multiple) QuickBooks version you are using. Here’s the list of port and related versions:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 – 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017 – 8019, 56727, 55373- 55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 – 8019, 56726, 55378-55382
- After you’ve selected the appropriate port(s), click Next and check ‘Allow The Connection’ button > Click Next
- In the next step check if all the profiles have been marked > Click on Next
- Enter a rule name and Click on Finish
- Repeat similarly to establish Outbound Rules as well.
You can also add a direct exception on the firewall by ‘Allowing’ QuickBooks with more access.
- In the Start window type the Firewall
- Click on Windows Firewall and Select Advanced Settings
- Right-click on Advanced settings and select Inbound Rules > Select ‘New Rule’
- Browse to select the Program > Click Next
- Select ‘This Program Path’ > Click Browse the paths from the table > Click Next
- Check if Allow The Connection is selected > Click Next > Ensure all profiles are checked > Click Next
- Enter a rule name and Click on Finish
- Repeat the same step for the Outbound Rules
Adjust the firewall- or antivirus program in your Windows system
After setting up the firewall if you are still facing problems then you have to check for the settings of it. For this firstly, check for the permissions that your QuickBooks must-have. With the general permissions, your QuickBooks account won’t get blocked. So for permissions, there are different steps according to the antivirus you are using.
On the firewall or antivirus, add the QuickBooks ports exception
Still having issues then check and verify that TCP is selected. After that, you have to mention all the required ports that you want in your QuickBooks Desktop account. All the port numbers that you have to mention or if already mentioned then do check it from the above Manually Configure the Windows Firewall setup solution. In case of multiple versions in your system them you have added the port for each year.
Reboot your Windows System
For this, you have to close all the programs and applications and then go to the Start menu. Click on the power button and select the option Restart that helps you to reboot your computer to refresh the application and settings of the software.
Now check if the Windows Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks error has been resolved without the firewall software blocking the access to QB. There may be other third-party anti-viruses that may prevent the QB access and these need to be configured individually to fix the problem.
You have to check and apply the solution to get the issue resolve. When you are done with the steps then your Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks 2018 and 2019 won’t happen in your account. For any kind of queries or problems connect with the QuickBooks helpdesk team who is here to help you all the time. You just have to dial a toll-free QuickBooks helpdesk number to get the solutions. You can also send an email to the team or do a live chat with professional expert team members.
1. Can I use the QuickBooks tool hub to resolve the Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks 2018 and 2019?
Yes, you can use the QuickBooks tool hub to fix the problem. Download and install it in our Windows system. Then run it as administrator. This helps in opening the ports automatically that you have to add for your QuickBooks software version.
2. Is there any important things that I have to do before starting the solution?
Yes, there are things that you have to do and check before starting to implement the solution. These things are:-
a. Take the recent backup of your QuickBooks desktop data and store its copies in 2-3 different locations
b. Must check for the internet connection that is working properly
c. Install QuickBooks tool hub.
3. What if I have more than 1 QuickBooks on my computer?
In this case, you have to add the ports for all the QuickBooks software according to their versions. This helps you resolve the problem with all the QuickBooks software that you are using on your computer.
4. What are the steps to create Outbound rules while creating exceptions for resolving Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks 2018 and 2019?
The steps are the same as steps for adding direct exception on the firewall but Allowing QuickBooks with more access. But in the Advanced setting, you have to right-click on the Outbound rules and select New Rules. Rest all the steps are the same.